BMR Workbench.

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
End2end

Re: BMR Workbench.

Postby End2end » Sat May 13, 2017 12:21 pm

What a dramatic make-over!. It looks fresh from the factory :o
I can't believe I haven't clicked on your website link before as I am not far from the Bluebelll but Mrs End2end and I enjoyed your video on there.
You've really got Horsted Keynes down to a T. Even the planting under then namebaords which actually exists in the real world! :D
Magnificent work!
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:02 pm

Thank you both, its not entirely complete missing it's over head wire warnings... but hope to address that when money becomes available.

End2end wrote:What a dramatic make-over!. It looks fresh from the factory :o
I can't believe I haven't clicked on your website link before as I am not far from the Bluebelll but Mrs End2end and I enjoyed your video on there.
You've really got Horsted Keynes down to a T. Even the planting under then namebaords which actually exists in the real world! :D
Magnificent work!
Thanks
End2end

Yes its always been there, although the site failed a little while ago so had to rebuild it from scratch... so took sometime. Yes sadly the layout isn't going to be around much longer, despite another magazine offer... but at the moment an agreement on times and dates haven't been reached so might miss that one, so might be binned early.

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:04 pm

This is a mini pre-grouping model works update.

LBSC 1st, 4 wheeler coach:
This was my first brass kit, I built the coach and chassis very quickly but stopped for a long time before restarting last year, having attempted a different way of lining after reading the LBSC circle which was challenging. But final completed.

Small detail changes:

SECR O1:
This has been undergoing a small make over, having been purchased in 2010, the livery was looking dated, being an early kit of mine, the chassis of the tender was upgraded with some brass bearings, plus the middle axle now moves up and down to absorb the bumps, the chassis was also straightened.
On the livery I made some new SECR transfers using the Bachmann C-Class as a photo subject to copy the complex cab and tender lining. Also updated was the connection rods, which are now finer, lubrication pots were added to the smoke-box saddle.

LBSC - 55 Stepney
Being quite an old model it needed some updates, the model's body shell is still the same as Hornby's which began life with Dapol, Stepney was a Dapol product, the colours, and detail have moved on a fair bit since, so I have been debating to update it a bit.
On the list was: Re-shape splashers, add lubrication pots, New smoke-box Dart, update pipe work to Clack valves, repaint chassis, and running plate sides, reline, remove condensing domes from tanks, remove westinghouse pump.

3D print coaches:
Although its been mostly on my 3D print thread, the finished articles LCDR, and SECR coaches.

Return to “Scratch and Kit building”