Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
argent

Re: Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Postby argent » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Lancastrian wrote

I have been looking for printable grave stones but in N scale without any success. I have however downloaded yours and printed them on both card and labels and will make my own cutting them down to size, hopefully they will be OK, if not I will fade into the distance without passing any more comments, if I like them I will be posting some photographs later on.

I seem to remember somehow, that this problem has been covered before and is easily solved by changing the print percentage before sending the file to print. If you look at the scaling size of Mike's, Wordsworh Railway PDFs they are scaled at 66.1% giving the oo scale, so maybe N scale requires around 30% perhaps. I'm only guessing, I don't do N scale

Nick

Lancastrian

Postby Lancastrian » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 pm

Many Thanks Nick, I have been looking at that, and also the scaling.
My Web Site Links: FGO & Boats and Canals (Forum)

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:19 pm

PDF coding is based on the Postscript printer language, it includes at least two ways for handling scaling. Postscript was a plain language printer driver so you could read the output and work out which method had been used where. PDF is encrypted mainly to stop copyright theft so unless you have the original dimensions it's difficult to get the scaling correct, especially as it does fit to page and a host of other settings to make printed documents look pretty. Best bet is to print one and see how much you need to enlarge or reduce it. If your printer offers the choice use the "system dialogue" not the PDF one, it will give you better control of the output, PDF sometimes tries too hard to "help" you.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Lancastrian

Postby Lancastrian » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:10 am

I think what I will do, is a screen print and then I can experiment with it as an image and when it looks right, print it.

Lancastrian

Postby Lancastrian » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Lancastrian wrote:I think what I will do, is a screen print and then I can experiment with it as an image and when it looks right, print it.
On checking I have noticed that when printing PDF's amongst the options is to set a custom scale, so it's just a case of calculating the correct scale and setting it. Excel here I come and this is what I got 0.513513514. This is for UK ratio of 1:148.

ColHut

Postby ColHut » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:54 pm

How common were the overhanging corners on Edwarian/Victorian corner stores or terraces? There are certainly some, others seem to have a small 45 degree face above the door. Perhaps both would be an option?

regards

mikem64

Postby mikem64 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:19 pm

Happy Chrristmas Troopers,

This will be my last update post this side of Christmas. Just gone onto the website is the new Corner Pub Building "The Fying Dutchman", so with thiss addition we have both corners covered ready to create a very good looking town scene.

I've been working on my Low relief Bonded Warehouse & have decided a complete rethink is now in order on this kit as it just seemed to be lacking something, so starting fresh means I'm behind the eight ball now as I really need this kit so I can complete the left corner side of my own layout.

I have a few days off over Christmas so I hoope to spend most of my spare hobby time on the laptop rather than in the loft.

Just in case no more posts I'd like to than everyone for your support & hope you all have a wonderful Christmas & a Happy New Year.

Mike.
Wordsworth Model Railway Free Downloadable Card Kits can be found at here
http://www.wordsworthmodelrailway.co.uk
The Wordsworth Model Railway Photo Album
https://michael-martin.imgbb.com/

argent

Postby argent » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:47 pm

And a very happy Christmas to too Mike and thankyou for the prezzie of the shop and pub.

Nick

Return to “Scratch and Kit building”