Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
Bufferstop

Re: Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Postby Bufferstop » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:18 pm

Unless they have been enabled by the author any pdf reader that follows the rules will have editing greyed out. Many which convert to editable JPGs either take too long to do it and/or end up with a reduced resolution. This is why I discovered that Mike's PDF's could be printed and scanned and still end up with a higher resolution JPG in less time. I did discuss doing all of this with Mike when I sent him a vid of the cutter at work on one of his designs. He only puts on the restrictions to avoid them being ripped off by 3rd Parties, editing them and passing them off as their won designs.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

crf38

Postby crf38 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Thanks for the info Bufferstop. I did try scanning and reprinting but it then comes out at a different size to when printed straight from pdf. I may have to experiment to determine the precise percentage difference so I can rescale.
The other programme suggested wont actually let me do it unless I subscribe.
I'll keep playing about until I find a way.

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:55 pm

TimberSurf wrote:
crf38 wrote:Thanks for the reply but, unfortunately, all the drawing tools are greyed out. Looking at the security settings everything appears to be password protected apart from Printing. I am really at quite a loss.

I didn't realise it locks you out of the comment tools!
It also locks you out of printing to a pdf that you could then comment on!
Download a free pdf editor such as PDFSAM and use to split the pages, you can then mask off areas with the comment tools. Right click on the boxes and select 'Properties' to change the border colour to white

Did you miss this post crf38?
The perfect solution!
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!

crf38

Postby crf38 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:46 pm

Thanks TimberSurf.
I had downloaded pdfSam once and it insisted that I had to subscribe to use it, but I have now downloaded again and it is doing exactly what I need. What I hadn't noticed was that although I had selected the Basic version (free) there was a tick box automatically checked which meant it actually downloaded the Enhanced version (which is not free).
Anyway, it has solved my problem so thanks very much. All I need now is a waterwheel and I can do "The Eagle has landed"

mikem64

Postby mikem64 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi Troopers,

I've some goods news for those waiting for some different type PortaCabins, two new versions are to joint the range. I've used some artistic licence in the designs but I'm sure they'll work.

Below are screen shots from the Corel Draw design. I've not built the proto types but they are basically the Murphy Cabins with livery & signage changes so I'm not expecting any issues.

I'll get the web site ready for uploading soon.

Introducing my....

Network Rail version of the cabin. I know the vehicles tend to be white but I thought I'd use the yellow loco /wagon stock livery as a base.

Next we have my Stobart Rail version, once again I used the blue from the Loco livery

I hope my efforts will be enjoyed I'd love to see some photo's on your layouts to inspire others.

I've also taken on board about addding a print ruler so you can check to ensure your printer has printed the full scale 00 size, basically its a line marked at 25mm / 50mm & 100mm

Catch you later.
Mike
Wordsworth Model Railway Free Downloadable Card Kits can be found at here
http://www.wordsworthmodelrailway.co.uk

Return to “Scratch and Kit building”