Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
trainsandco

Re: Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Post by trainsandco »

Here are some images of what I've done to you garage kit, although the it isn't yet complete, but its nearly there ;)

Ben
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A
thebritfarmer

Post by thebritfarmer »

Sounds like some great ideas Mike. For the engine shed perhaps print off two of the shed and then glue them back to back with brick work facing out and then assemble? This way the inside would be white and would be easier for you to design I am sure.
All Aboooooard !!
cameron

Post by cameron »

Just measured and
Width 66mm
Height 19mm

Okay?
Glyn
mikem64

Post by mikem64 »

Hi Kids,

It's been another early rise, just can't sleep at present.

Hi Ben nice work on the mod's to the garage, certainly brought more life to it.

Hi Glyn thanks for the sizes, I'll use these for making a basic platform, if these sizes work for Hornby then they will be OK as a general filler in the Wordsworth Range.

Have a quick peak at the proto type below (This is just paper & not stuck to card yet, cost less this way during development), ramps not done yet but this give the general impression what the kit might look like, very simple / quick & easy to construct, a perfect kit.

This proto-type has a brick base wall with a slab platform top, white lines are painted at each platform edge. This design will allow you to build a platform in modules just like the Hornby plastic ones, once at the correct length just add a ramp section.

Still a little more work required but I'm happy with the general kit so far.

Yes / No / Maybe .......... :?

That's all I have for now, time to fit my new Howes decoder to a model from under Wordsworth's depths.

Catch you all later,

Mike.
Wordsworth Model Railway Free Downloadable Card Kits can be found at here
http://www.wordsworthmodelrailway.co.uk
The Wordsworth Model Railway Photo Album
https://michael-martin.imgbb.com/
cameron

Post by cameron »

They do seriously look great. I'll go for those.
Best wishes
Glyn
greasemonkey1978

Post by greasemonkey1978 »

Hi Mike

They look fantastic better looking than the plain grey hornby ones, look forward to seeing them on the site and making them for our layout.

Keep up the good work.

Mike
markh

Post by markh »

nice platform you could just glue it on to the hornby platform pieces anyway it's as you said it would look better than the dull grey plastic chunks
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

BUT IM ALL ABOUT BAD IDEAS
thebritfarmer

Post by thebritfarmer »

Have to agree with everyone they look great.

Regards
Scott
All Aboooooard !!
mikem64

Post by mikem64 »

Hi kids,

A little treat for you all, the platform kit is at a stage where I think it will work. I have to be honest I've only built the proto-type using paper, I've not stuck it to card like I would then normally do as a final test before release, this is mainly because I don't personally need any more platform sections so I didn't want to waste any of my card supplies, so please forgive me.

There should be no problems as the paper test proved all seems to fit together nicely.

I would have liked to make steps leading to the station entrance but I was struggling getting it simple for all to follow, so I've opted for a ramp approach & I'll continue work with a step approach as an update later.

This frist platform kit is aimed for use with the "Maisy" Station as it uses the brick effect, I'll alter this & get the stone effect one ready for the "Daisy" Station soon.

Here are the photo's taken this morning showing the paper proto-type, you'll need a little imagination because it is just that, a paper only proto-type, when you build your own it should look 100% better as the card will give it structure.

If we are happy with this look & arrangement I'll get it bundled & loaded onto my web site tonight.

Keep modelling kiddies
Mike
cameron

Post by cameron »

They look perfect.
Look forward to making them.
glyn
thebritfarmer

Post by thebritfarmer »

YES YES YES !! Looks fantastic, Mike can't wait to build these.
All Aboooooard !!
mikem64

Post by mikem64 »

Hi Troopers,

Some may have realised that the upload has been completed so the platform kit is now available for download, I'll get the other version done soon so platforms will be available for Daisy & Maisy Stations.

I should have then nipped into the loft for some scenic work on Wordsworth but I got side tracked, thought since we have the Station, now the platform, the only thing missing I believe is the Island Platform Building. Therefore one is on it's way, once again this will be Maisy first, then I'll alter the brick pattern for the stone version which matches Daisy.

I believe I'll havethen covered all options regards stations, well for now anyway. I hope I can get these options finished before Friday as my wife is dragging me on Holiday for a FULL seven days, I believe it's a log cabin somewhere round Glenshee area in Scotland.

Hope you all enjoy the latest kit which has just joint the Wordsworth Range.

Catch you all later,

Mike.
cameron

Post by cameron »

The platform looks great, and very effective.
Let's hope the log cabin has a rail layout in it for you!
If I don't hear from you before you go, I hope you and your wife (probably long suffering) have a good holiday.
Best wishes
Glyn
thebritfarmer

Post by thebritfarmer »

The platforms look really good Mike, Thanks !!

Enjoy your get away and perhaps when you return your next project could be a goods shed? :D
All Aboooooard !!
mikem64

Post by mikem64 »

Hi Gents,

Thanks for all the feed back it really helps, I've completed work on the first proto-type Island Platform Buildings & I've decided to use these for now at Wordsworth Station, found a few errors in the design so I'm glad I decided to build this kit first. One small roof section I got the measurements all wrong some how so it did not fit, hence why the picture only shows one, but I'll correct this. The other island building uses the same canopy but has one long building rather than the two I've used in this first proto-type.

Once I've built that one, hopefully no more mistakes I'll then get the kit ready for uploading. The kit will come with both options so you can decide which suites your needs, or maybe use both, choice is all yours.

So here are few snaps, some other pic's can be seen on my Wordsworth Thread if you need more.

Hope you all like the look, as can be seen you will soon have all the bits you need to download & build a complete station.

Mike.