Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
Bufferstop

Re: Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Postby Bufferstop » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:18 pm

Unless they have been enabled by the author any pdf reader that follows the rules will have editing greyed out. Many which convert to editable JPGs either take too long to do it and/or end up with a reduced resolution. This is why I discovered that Mike's PDF's could be printed and scanned and still end up with a higher resolution JPG in less time. I did discuss doing all of this with Mike when I sent him a vid of the cutter at work on one of his designs. He only puts on the restrictions to avoid them being ripped off by 3rd Parties, editing them and passing them off as their won designs.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

crf38

Postby crf38 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Thanks for the info Bufferstop. I did try scanning and reprinting but it then comes out at a different size to when printed straight from pdf. I may have to experiment to determine the precise percentage difference so I can rescale.
The other programme suggested wont actually let me do it unless I subscribe.
I'll keep playing about until I find a way.

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:55 pm

TimberSurf wrote:
crf38 wrote:Thanks for the reply but, unfortunately, all the drawing tools are greyed out. Looking at the security settings everything appears to be password protected apart from Printing. I am really at quite a loss.

I didn't realise it locks you out of the comment tools!
It also locks you out of printing to a pdf that you could then comment on!
Download a free pdf editor such as PDFSAM and use to split the pages, you can then mask off areas with the comment tools. Right click on the boxes and select 'Properties' to change the border colour to white

Did you miss this post crf38?
The perfect solution!
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!

crf38

Postby crf38 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:46 pm

Thanks TimberSurf.
I had downloaded pdfSam once and it insisted that I had to subscribe to use it, but I have now downloaded again and it is doing exactly what I need. What I hadn't noticed was that although I had selected the Basic version (free) there was a tick box automatically checked which meant it actually downloaded the Enhanced version (which is not free).
Anyway, it has solved my problem so thanks very much. All I need now is a waterwheel and I can do "The Eagle has landed"

mikem64

Postby mikem64 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi Troopers,

I've some goods news for those waiting for some different type PortaCabins, two new versions are to joint the range. I've used some artistic licence in the designs but I'm sure they'll work.

Below are screen shots from the Corel Draw design. I've not built the proto types but they are basically the Murphy Cabins with livery & signage changes so I'm not expecting any issues.

I'll get the web site ready for uploading soon.

Introducing my....

Network Rail version of the cabin. I know the vehicles tend to be white but I thought I'd use the yellow loco /wagon stock livery as a base.

Next we have my Stobart Rail version, once again I used the blue from the Loco livery

I hope my efforts will be enjoyed I'd love to see some photo's on your layouts to inspire others.

I've also taken on board about addding a print ruler so you can check to ensure your printer has printed the full scale 00 size, basically its a line marked at 25mm / 50mm & 100mm

Catch you later.
Mike
Wordsworth Model Railway Free Downloadable Card Kits can be found at here
http://www.wordsworthmodelrailway.co.uk

mikem64

Postby mikem64 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:26 am

Good Morning Modellers on this lovely sunny Saturday morning, first I must apologise for failing to upload those porta cabin kits ass promised. Like loads happening in my life at present my files got corrupted & I had to resort to some backups which weren't up to date & needed some changes.

So I'll get those uploaded as ssoon as I can, in the mean time I'd like to share some photos showing two new kits which I'm test building at pressent. Both aren't complete as I'm doing things slightly differently to see if it helps speed things up but also makes life interesting for myself. Normally I'd fully complete the design, then move onto the test build & then make anny adjustments I've found.

This new method is different, I get the basic kit ready to form the 3d model, build this & see where I am, so far I like this method but let me complete the full process before I caan fully determine the right approach for me.

So what am I building, well to start with both kits are required for my own layout Wordsworth. I've got a new church dessign called St Cuthberts which I have in mind to sit by the road side heading towards Wordsworth Goods Shed. The other is my new Railway Hotel / Pub kit. This is being built to sit on the corner between the police station & the bus depot, but I free to where it will actually sit on the layout.

I've also decided not to load every photo showing the build here taking up bandwidth for the forum, so if people wanting to see more photo's (& I've taken loads showing the build) can go & view them in my ibb pages. I think this is fair & saves me time duplicating things plus not everyone wants to see every photograph.

Like look at the church build so far.

Kits starts from the printed sheets as normal.

We then build up are flat wall sections.

We put the wall sides together for or first viewing of the 3d kit

We have a look at the back wall for the first time.

Follow the same process with the tower build & add to the main church building

Here I show how the corner joints all glue together.

I now need to go back to the computer & complete the remaining design phase for the roof, tower upper section & the front porch / lytch gate. If time serves me well I hope a few more weeks & I'll finish building the full kit. Hope you all like what you see so far regards this new church kit as I believe it's a step better that my first design.

Next up is Wordsworth Railway Hotel, the main building design is complete & has been test build, all that remains is the rear extension which is a lower two floor design which holds the kitchen area & staff quarters.

Once again we start with the printed flat sheets

We buold togther the front / back & side walls ass normal

We put together the front fascia porch

Then we start to assemble the main building to give our first views

We get the roof onto the building which completely makes the structure sound, & start addding the detailing parts

Nice view from the front, I'm sure guests are going to love it.

You can see where the rear extension part goes.

Finally a quick look at the main entrance.

Hope you like my new design, I can't wait to have the completed builds on my layout, once done I can start setting out where they'll sit & start the scenic work.

It's sign off time again, lets hope I've not bored you all with this update & I'll catch you all later.

Mike.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Some nice detail in the Hotel kit, and I spotted your glue bottle stand, that's an idea I'm just going to have to nick :D
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

BuffyMcBuffer

Postby BuffyMcBuffer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Fantastic work mike! Looks like a lot of hours been put in to develop them both

6C

Postby 6C » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Love the church - reminiscent of the sandstone built ones in my area...
Pete

Fetch me a bottle of your finest Chateau Bichon Frise '65 !!

Doghouse

Postby Doghouse » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Hi Mike,

Just wondering if you are planning to include acetate windows with these new additions to the Wordsworth range?

Brian

mikem64

Postby mikem64 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:52 pm

Good evening,

Hi John, the glue stand has been one of those bits I've knocked together that I just can't be without now, it's a real gem of an idea I had. Maybe I should patent the design....lol

Wonder if I should add it in kit format ?

So sometime has passed & I've just finished the full test build on my new church, I'll get some photos up shortly but I must say I'm very happy how it's all come together. Tomorrow I'll test it out in position on my layout. I think this will just fit in nearly on that little plot.

Still working on the rear extension building for the Wordsworth railway hotel / pub kit, would be nice to get that finished in a few weeks as I'll be able to do a big website update which is well over due.

Catch you all later
Mike

mikem64

Postby mikem64 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:50 am

Good morning Card Modellers,

So its time to have a look at the final build of St Cuthberts Church. I got the tower top completed just how I wanted it to look, fixed all the wall corner coverrings toi hide those unsightly raw card edges, next up was the entrance porch into the church, had to alter the roof for here & the main building as it was far too light, settled for a very deep weathered tone. The final piece was the lychgate, also was going to be the most complicated part, once again my kit needed some modifications for it to work, I'll get these into the kit & we're good to go.

Some my big web update is very close, it will include the two new portacabin liveries, St cuthberts church & once that rear hotel extension has been designed / built I'll include that too.

I then want too get back to the Diesel shed (Three lane & new two lane version) The 3 lane kit on the web was version 1 & it was intended to have some overhead crane working off those roof rafters, well I've nearly got that completed on the PC. Therefore you'll get the first look at this update piece as I finish my own build for Wordsworth.

Regards the two lane version, I'm not sure to make it identical to the 3 lane version but cut down in width, or go for a slightly more modern feel, something added to the TMD years later ? I've got time to figure that one out.

Lets look at the completed St Cuthberts church.

St Cuthberts in all her glory complete with lychgate.

Looking from a different angle.

Very nice view through the lychgate entrance.

Well I hope this kit finds a home on a few more layouts out there as I believe it's a winner. Anyone wanting to have a go at building this one you'll find all the photo's you require on my ibb photo board, just follow the link to the correct place..... https://ibb.co/album/epahaa

Time for me to go & have my Scots Oats & honey

Cheers Mike.

ianb26

Postby ianb26 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:47 am

Great looking model, Mike. Will there be provision for transparent windows?

Ian

Doghouse

Postby Doghouse » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:53 pm

Perhaps some of these windows if resized and printed on clear acetate could be adapted to fit the new church.
http://www.hampshirechurchwindows.co.uk ... php?id=130

mikem64

Postby mikem64 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi card builders,
Some may already know but some new freebies have been uploaded onto the site.

I was hoping to finish my own three lane engine shed by adding the overhead crane unit, but something else grabbed my attention.

I'm happy with how things look on my layout in regards the entrance to the diesel tmd. Then I realised I don't have a proper corner shop / house kit. So to fill this gap & test if this option will look better I've decided to build one.

Got a really good start this weekend but it's the roof that's providing a few headaches. I'll get this worked out but I think I'll finish the walls & then do a full print out so I can carry out the test build.

Well hope you enjoy the update.

Cheers Mike

Return to “Scratch and Kit building”