Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
ZeldaTheSwordsman

Re: Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:01 pm

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I'd actually soldiered on building the station, working around the issue, because I'd already mounted several pieces when I discovered it. So I had to wait for an opportunity to reprint the appropriate pages for proof of concept

This is already a reprint, and in fact in grayscale, which you somehow managed not to notice. :?

Since you are not getting the same issue on your end, but I had the issue repeat, I suspect that the issue is not with the file but instead with the PDF reader I used, which would be SparkPDF.

Kindling

Postby Kindling » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Some on here have had good things to say about Foxit. https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/

...or you could try Free PDF Reader. http://www.pdfzilla.com/free-pdf-reader.html

Doghouse

Postby Doghouse » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:27 am

Hi Mike,
Just wondering if you have planned ramp sections to match the Grand Station Platform kit?
Also, will your new factory with arched entryway become available for download?
All your new kit builds on the OO Loft Layout thread look amazing.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.
Brian.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:16 am

So, I got the basic construction of the main building done, with modifications.
It started with just the transparent windows in the facade, as I'd had to cut out the printed ones during assembly because of the program screwing up the one part... And that spurred me on to decide to definitely give the buildings themselves windows and an interior. The towers had doors positioned on them at various heights because obviously they'd contain the stairwells and elevators. I even put roof access doors. Inside the buildings, there's a lifout second floor, as shown in the photo.I still need to work out the exact floor plans for the buildings, but the structure itself is all together now.

Doghouse

Postby Doghouse » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:03 pm

I botched my first attempt by adding the end walls left for right and right for left. Oops!!
So, as it was still an acceptable model, nothing else for it but to build a second and get it correct this time - lol

Last edited by Doghouse on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

R.Daneel

Postby R.Daneel » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:56 pm

To start, I'd like to say a huge thank you for your kits, they really are a huge addition to any layout....

mikem64 wrote:Hi Troopers,

Well I might say my test build of the new platform subway kit has gone well, it's not on the website yet but it sure will be when i get a little bit of time to do the site update.

So lets have a quick peek on this new beauty.

Here we are at the starting point

Now we have the side panels ready for glueing back to back.

Now it's complete just put it onto the platform section of your choice.

It's not a hard kit to put together and I do feel it gives that flavour of going somewhere.

Hope you like what you have seen.

Thank you,
Mike.

Mike I'd love to see this available on your site if you have time....

Many thanks again and wishing everyone on NMR a huge Merry Christmas (or for the politically correct "Happy holidays").

R.D

mikem64

Postby mikem64 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:22 am

Happy New Year Everyone,

Sorry I've been missing you all, but I'm a busy man at present not only at work but doing loads of favours for family regards DIY.

ZeldaTheSwordsman I love the adaptation you've done to the Grand Station, super work, it's always nice to see the kits built by other users, but even better when they add their own little twist to it, well done.

Doghouse, another great build, OK you got the sides slightly wrong, but as buildings they both look great, I'd use both.

R.Daneel, well the kit you've been waiting for is here, the platform subway.

So to start 2016 with a grand splash I've uploaded 4 new kits, yes you heard right ..... 4 :o

In the rail section I've uploaded the new Wordsworth Goods shed & the Grand Station Subway Stairs. Then in the Townscene section you'll find a lovely pair of railway cottages, these I'm very happy about as they can be built just as a semi, or built to create a full terraced row. These are only the first phase for this kit as I do plan to add a rear extension so show how the workers extended their living space as time went by. Also in this section I've adapted the kit to make a pair of shops, later I'll add more designs so once again you can built it as a terraced row.

Below is a nice picture showing this shop kit.

I still have the platform ramps to upload & the Rockware building, but I'll do these a little later so there will not be big gaps between my updates...LOL

I hope you enjoy & let me know how you all get on with the new arrivals, post your pictures here as I'm sure others would like to share in them too.

Catch you later Mike.
Wordsworth Model Railway Free Downloadable Card Kits can be found at here
http://www.wordsworthmodelrailway.co.uk
The Wordsworth Model Railway Photo Album
https://michael-martin.imgbb.com/

Doghouse

Postby Doghouse » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:36 pm

When I try to post a new photograph as I have done before, I get this message :
*It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.*
The dimensions are only 396 x 328 pixels with a file size of just 144 KB.
I've tried altering the size but end up with the same result.
It could be a changed setting on my PC or a glitch in NRM.
Can someone please explain and help me to correct this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:31 am

Well, whatever the exact cause of trouble is, I'm betting we'll have it fixed by the time Mike makes another update :P

And darnit Mike, I know people were asking for the subway, but I'd have rather you posted the dang ramps and made us wait a bit more on the subway than the other way 'round! Without the ramps the platforms are incomplete! *shakes fist*

End2end

Postby End2end » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:15 am

Mike is there any update on doing more furniture too?
My little people need beds !! :lol:
I've also used the TV lots. Could a thinner one be designed as it does take up quite some space?
Cream Cottage.JPG
Cream Cottage.JPG (11.04 KiB) Viewed 1612 times

Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:18 am

Mike, how much bother would it be for you to make 40', 48', and 53' containers (Note: 53' containers are 6" wider than the other sizes)?

Doghouse

Postby Doghouse » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:11 am

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Mike, how much bother would it be for you to make 40', 48', and 53' containers (Note: 53' containers are 6" wider than the other sizes)?

Would it not be possible to alter the percentage dimensions of your printout to whatever size you require.
A little bit of DIY is another rung on the learning ladder.
Mike has not been posting recently so I'm guessing he has other more important matters to contend with.

End2end

Postby End2end » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:20 pm

mikem64 wrote:I've updated the interior detailing parts for the Argyle Road Water Tower (Which is now heading to be released in kit form)

Mike is the Argyle Road Water Tower still available as I cannot see it on your site and want to add an interior to my water tower?
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:15 pm

Doghouse wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Mike, how much bother would it be for you to make 40', 48', and 53' containers (Note: 53' containers are 6" wider than the other sizes)?

Would it not be possible to alter the percentage dimensions of your printout to whatever size you require.
A little bit of DIY is another rung on the learning ladder.
Mike has not been posting recently so I'm guessing he has other more important matters to contend with.

Considering that the other sizes of containers are the same width (except for the 53') and height, they're just longer? No, no it would not. Not without the raw files. :roll:
The closest you could get working with the PDF would be to horizontally stretch the image, but that would result in the ends being out of proportion and the corrugated sides and details and logos being all stretched out. On top of that, the 40' and longer containers don't have forklift slots, and the sizes past 40' are basically built like 40' containers but with extensions past where the twistlock corners are. So basically, what I would have to do get a 40' with the file is glue two 20' containers together, then print out another sheet of the same containers and cut and glue parts of that printout over them to get the complete appearance. And for 45' and 48' I would need to then print out still another sheet and bodge with that. 53' containers would be still more annoying because of the added width...
ETA: And for full accuracy, there's another complication: 40' and longer containers have an indent on the bottom at the doorless end, meant to slip over a gooseneck on a trailer chassis.

Return to “Scratch and Kit building”