Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
midland_red

Re: Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Postby midland_red » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:15 pm

Hi Mike,

That's brilliant, thank you. I'll check out FoxIT in the meantime.

I like the idea of the alternative tanks. Increases the options a little.

Keep up the great work Mike, it is much appreciated.

Trevor.

GlynPope

Postby GlynPope » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Mike suggested Foxit to me, because I was unable to download the Wordsworth stuff. Got Foxit. Never had a problem since.
Glyn

dougalmac2

Postby dougalmac2 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi Mike

I'm adapting your Grey Brick Factory building (RS23) for an office block and would like to change some of the roof, but am having difficulty finding if the slate roof is in your brick paper section. Can you help me please?
I'll post pics when finished.

Mac

nickbrad

Postby nickbrad » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:22 pm

I would offer them up as a separate D/L personally, they could be of use to modern modellers and they may well have uses for them outside of the standard kit.

Buggleskelly

Postby Buggleskelly » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Thanks for the recent additions to your site Mike, really good. A fair amount of time has been put into those.

Doghouse

Postby Doghouse » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:01 am

Found a section of plastic tube, courtesy of Virgin Media, that was the correct diameter for the diesel tank.
So rather than a flimsy paper cover, it's now a very sturdy unit. (The vertical pipes are plastic lollypop sticks painted black - :D )
The Wordsworth range just keep going from strength to strength. Thanks again to Mike for this lovely model.

Last edited by Doghouse on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

dougalmac2

Postby dougalmac2 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:15 pm

Sorry Mike - Looked again properly and found it! I'm always getting told off for that!

Mac

CaptainGuy

Postby CaptainGuy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi All
About three weeks ago I was looking at layouts, as you do and I came across a layout (1950ish) with a large silver static fuel tank with two workers painting it on ladders. I thought that was a good seen and dropped off to fire up snagit to get a snapshot of it for my picture collection, but when I tried to find it again I could not. I had about five pages of layout owners open, but the layout had gone. I have kept looking for it every time I am on NRMF, starting at Wordsworth Kits and following links, but I still have not found it.

Does this layout belong to one of you? Or do you know who it belongs to and can point me in the right direction to find it again please?
Mike, Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next kit.

Thanks Robert

HARRYMALLARD

Postby HARRYMALLARD » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:32 pm

If you haven't looked a too many layouts since, try scrolling through your browser history, (usually
found by holing down the back arrow) to try and jog your memory, can't think of any layouts that have this of the top of my head, hope that helped, Harry.
My layouts:

Clicky here --> Image
Gasworks Lane micro layout

dougalmac2

Postby dougalmac2 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi Mike

Thought you might like to see my use of some of your kits on my first attempt at building with card. It represents a Royal Mail sorting office c1955.

The main walls and roof are from Grey Stone Factory RS22 with the chimney converted to a liftshaft and a lift motor cabinet adapted from RS31 lineside electrical box. The valance on the awning is from RS59 Platform canopy and the awning roof is from RS56 Footbridge.

I have a basic photo editing program enabling me to repaint the doors.

Thanks a lot for your kits Mike - I wouldn't have attempted this without them.

Mac

JamieC

Postby JamieC » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi everyone,
I thought that I would let you all know that I have downloaded the new fueling point (the one with the fuel tank attached), I printed it at half scale and I am currently building it for n Gauge. I can tell you all, it is rather fiddly in N haha, never the less its a really good kit!
I will post pictures when it is finished (hopefully tonight, maybe tomorrow)
Jamie

mikem64

Postby mikem64 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:48 am

Hi Gents,

Just a very quickie as I've been given my marching orders by my good lady.......marching to the DIY store for wallpaper & paint for the full house, then it's a trip to several furniture shops for new sofa, dining table set etc etc etc............................. :o Nooooooo all my train money.

She's already hired the floor sander for next weekend so it looks like I'll be out of the frame for a little while.

Still I can't argue as she has let me run wild with Wordsworth & the kits for so long now it really is her turn to find me chores.

But before I go I just have to say I love the Royal Mail building, what a lovely alternative using various kits, please post more as you progress.

I also look forward to the n gauge build, sounds great, I love these people that build my kits in the smaller sizes, I wonder how they manage because I really do have problems myself in 00 with the smaller items within the kits.

I really need to asking one follower of the Wordsworth kits permission to post some of the photo's he's sent me of his TT gauge Wordsworth constructions, you'd be amazed at what he's done & it totally mind blowing.

I'll try & bob into the forum now an then using the wife's iPad, my computer station has to be moved from downstairs into the spare bedroom which means I need to figure out how I get my internet up there, I'll either run a network cable or buy some of those power-line network adapters.

Anyway good luck with all the builds & lets see those photo's, more show & tell please......... :lol:

Cheers Mike.
Wordsworth Model Railway Free Downloadable Card Kits can be found at here
http://www.wordsworthmodelrailway.co.uk
The Wordsworth Model Railway Photo Album
https://michael-martin.imgbb.com/

CaptainGuy

Postby CaptainGuy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi mac
I like the Royal Mail sorting office, nice pictures. The chimney adds to the building, but why does it have a chimney. Is this for some sort of central heating?
I have not seen an inside the side wall roof before, I take it it is supported by double side wall inside cardboard. Can you show a picture of the roof touching the side wall from the roof side please?
Thanks Guy

JamieC

Postby JamieC » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi everyone,
Finished my fueling point it last night so here are some pictures, not bad for my second card kit ;) The paint pot in the picture is for scale. I surprised myself by getting some of the no smoking signs on to the walls as well :)
2014-02-15 16.11.21.jpg
2014-02-15 16.11.21.jpg (80.85 KiB) Viewed 1439 times

2014-02-15 16.11.26.jpg
2014-02-15 16.11.26.jpg (106.28 KiB) Viewed 1439 times

2014-02-15 16.51.46.jpg
2014-02-15 16.51.46.jpg (79.95 KiB) Viewed 1439 times

2014-02-15 16.52.03.jpg
2014-02-15 16.52.03.jpg (81.4 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
Jamie

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:14 pm

Best of luck with the decorating Mike, wall papering in 305mm:foot for a change. If you do it as well in full size as you do with your kits she should be well pleased. :D
John W
aka Bufferstop
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Return to “Scratch and Kit building”