Warley Virtual Exhibition.

Flag up Exhibitions and Events in your area, or that others may not hear about.
Bufferstop

Warley Virtual Exhibition.

Post by Bufferstop »

HAs anyone popped in to this, it's going out live yesterday and today, and then staying available for the immediate future. I've looked at a few snatches, rather like the way you do at a live exhibition. My observations to now are that Pete Waterman can surely afford a better camera than using his smart phone in portrait mode, If I hadn't clocked many hours around Leamington Spa station I wouldn't have recognised it through the vertical post box slit. On the other hand he was delivering his commentary like the pro that he is. The video of "Little Bytham" was excellent apart from the voiceover being rather flat. I'll be dropping in on as much as I can over the next few days. I don't think it's a replacement for exhibitions, but it is a good way of displaying layouts to their best effect.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Ex-Pat

Re: Warley Virtual Exhibition.

Post by Ex-Pat »

I too had a snatch or two - unfortunately spoilt by sound gremlins on the Waterfall construction and Simon Kohler interview. This latter (as Take 2) I looked at again in the evening, and found quite interesting.

I only managed to find "Dodgy Weathering" this morning by using Search.

Must look for the Little Bytham video (even though I already have one).

I can't help but feel that there might be some disappointment over the viewing figures though.

From what I saw I felt the layouts were very much GWR and O gauge oriented - not my favourite combination - but better than nothing!

Hopefully 2021 will see the real Show, and I'll be there.
Bufferstop

Re: Warley Virtual Exhibition.

Post by Bufferstop »

There's already a preview for 2021, they hope to have the layouts that they should have this year. I've only just spotted it so I've not watched it, just bookmarked it to look at tomorrow.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions