The great Electric Train Show (Hornby Magazine)

Flag up Exhibitions and Events in your area, or that others may not hear about.
Bufferstop

The great Electric Train Show (Hornby Magazine)

Postby Bufferstop » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Just got back from it, we some how seem to have missed listing it this year. Could this be why it wasn't its usual rugby scrum at the top of the stairs, or is it down to the stands seemingly being a bit more thinly spread :?: It's on tomorrow (Sunday) so if you are in travelling distance of Gaydon (the National Motor Museum) there's still chance to get in. There was the usual mix of layouts with a slight bias to the steam/diesel transition era.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

RailwayRobbo

Re: The great Electric Train Show (Hornby Magazine)

Postby RailwayRobbo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:46 pm

Made my annual visit on Saturday as well.
£11 return from Northampton (change at Coventry) with the Senior Railcard so not worth getting the car out.
Another good show. As Bufferstop has said plenty of steam/diesel transition era so that suited me. Definitely more space to move around than the NEC. I like it.
I was talking to a guy from London at Leamington Station waiting for the shuttle bus. He told me it was his first visit and he was also looking forward to the 'Vintage' bus on the shuttle service. The look of disappointment when a "66" reg modern double decker turned up.
Peterborough next weekend. It's about a 25 minute drive from where I live but would cost over £30 to go by train from Wellingborough changing at Leicester so the car it is.
Why is there no shuttle bus on Sunday at the Great Electric Train Show? Is it down to the cost?

Return to “Exhibitions and Events”