Perhaps we need a thread for suppliers of Knick-Knacks ?

Having a problem making your model railway layout look real. Post questions and share the results of your model railway scenery here.
Dad-1

Perhaps we need a thread for suppliers of Knick-Knacks ?

Post by Dad-1 »

I've placed this in 'Scenery' because that's what we use all these little bits & pieces for.
However the information soon gets lost through the years. Sone suppliers don't last,
but perhaps we can cover that. Certainly not for the Models Shop Thread, that's far
to general.
O.K I've lost my Mojo, can't think of what to do, even stopped making '00' wagons as
I can't find my required couplings. Two of my recent loco purchases have been dogs.
No exhibitions, no club nights, and friends dying - Goodbye 2020 !!!!

Starting 2021 and a Happy New Year to all who read !!

I've suddenly got some inspiration from finding www.anyscalemodels.com. I did find and
buy a few things years ago and then forgot them. What a stupid thing to do !

They make small items from resin, in either 1.72, or 1/76 suitable for war-gaming and
any other scenes you may want to make like on our railways.

The rubber dinghy will go to the beach on my 'Thomas' layout - All of £0.99, un-painted of course.

On St Oval I have a garage and added a solid stack of Harburn tyres, not cheap, BUT this packet at £0.99
is ideal with 100's of uses. each individual items, again you need to paint so you DO have to do something.

The Scottish style cottage is being painted as I write and from that I have the inspiration to make another
diorama. Using the skeleton of an old boat within the same scene. Inspiration is back !!

Check out their range and see how affordable these accessories are, the cottage just £12.00. Now no
comment was made as to a 'free' gift, but included with my order was the cable drum. I'm not saying
that if you order over £20 worth you'll get one, perhaps mine was one off, but painted up it looks
great.

I'm going to try and find more about these people because I think they deserve to be better known.

Geoff T.
Daniel

Re: Perhaps we need a thread for suppliers of Knick-Knacks ?

Post by Daniel »

Good day, Geoff

Here one that you may like if you are considering building a station or any other old building with a bit of ornament.
It costs 0,00cent and you probably already threw away several of them as I did until I realized it's value.

In your kitchen there is probably a roll of backing paper or kitchen aluminium or plastic foil.
They usually come in a box which has one of these for cutting the foil glued to it's edge:

ImageIMG_0039 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0042 (2) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

They are about 300mm long X 11mm including the teeth X 0,2mm thickness and are very flexible.

Daniel
My new Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/158027525@N08/

My old Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/daniel_1_32_scale/page223

Being right is one thing, but being true is quite another.