id backscenes

Having a problem making your model railway layout look real. Post questions and share the results of your model railway scenery here.
lenht1951

id backscenes

Post by lenht1951 »

Are Art Printers, id backscenes, still going. I purchased some Premium backscenes a couple of months ago and on opening the perfect outer tube packaging found them to be quite badly creased. Thiswas on 2 of the 3 purchased. Anyone else had this problem. I contacted them via their website last week and have not even had the courtesy of a reply. :x
TomTom

Re: id backscenes

Post by TomTom »

Try phoning John. He is very helpful .
Michaelreedy71

Post by Michaelreedy71 »

Wats the best way to stick the backscenes onto board
lenht1951

Post by lenht1951 »

I fitted mine on 4mm foamboard, (cheap stuff from The Range, 4 for£10) the foamboards I joined together at the back using gorilla tape, as my layout is in the loft and I wanted something strong and able to stand extremes. I made the length the same as one back scene. I fixed the premium backscenes by using double sided tape placed at the top for the full length of the backscene sheet and then down the side when the top had been fixed. I fixed the foamboard with the backscene attached to the ply backing by using black tac putty so that the foamboard covered backscenes can be easily removed if required. Hope that helps, the backscenes do come with various instructions, I just found this the easiest and less likely way of getting loads of air pockets, and it worked. Good luck
1 (4) - Copy.jpg
1 (1).jpg
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

Lenht1951, what did you or they do about the creases in the end?
Regards
Rob
lenht1951

Post by lenht1951 »

Hi Iron Duke, unfortunately nothing, they never had the courtesy to respond to the e-mail, and as I am not known for my tact or diplomacy skills on the phone I just accepted it as it had been a couple of months between purchase and opening. Next time I will inspect as soon as I get one instead of leaving it two months, and I do need more, pity there are not more decent alternatives. I just put it down to a rolling and packing problem. The creases are still there but can only be seen from a specific angle. Memo to all, if you buy check 'em when you get 'em. :)
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

I guess you could mention your previous experience when you reorder.
Regards
Rob
brammie

Post by brammie »

I recently decided to update my layout backscenes (Townscenes). Quite a task, given that the dimensions involved measure some 16mtrs in total. Having spent several days considering what is available I settled for id self adhesives, but trying to find anything suitable to replace my 1950s industrial town scene (c 4mtrs - see example pics) has proved impossible to date. So, eight 1.5mtr id self adhesive rolls have been installed either side of the old Townscene backscenes - much easier than I first imagined and made so by mounting the sheets on 3mtr lengths of doubled 180gm white card before fixing in place. There is till quite a bit of tidying up to do with shrub and foilage scenery, but that wont take long. In the meantime, if any one can recommend replacements for my industrial town area I would be most grateful.
Layout 7 1024 x 683.JPG
Layout 46 1024x 683.JPG
Layout 11 1024 x 683.JPG
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

I mixed Brian Sheriff with Peco sky as the results were bright and cheery. I used tape as it was easy to use. I had not even thought about using anything else.
brammie

Post by brammie »

Got the new backscenes in place (apart from the N side) and, although still some detailing to do, I'm well pleased. Pics below show first half in place.
1 (1024 x 768).JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG