wet lichen

Having a problem making your model railway layout look real. Post questions and share the results of your model railway scenery here.
richrua

wet lichen

Postby richrua » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Bit of a weird question. I got a new bag of lichen (Heki brand). I was setting up a new corner of the railway and loosely installed some lichen along the edge. I didn’t glue it.

After a few days I was about to glue it down when I noticed it was really wet when I lifted it.

Any idea why this might be?

skyblue

Re: wet lichen

Postby skyblue » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Condensation? Where is your layout situated? - if in the loft it could be due to your breath causing condensation. Also, lichen was once living, so that could have something to do with it. Oh, and buy the way - be careful what glue you use - some seem to make lichen go mouldy.

Rammy

Re: wet lichen

Postby Rammy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:08 pm

I have had the same problem. Lichen just seems to suck in the moisture in damp environments such as sheds or the loft.
I sprayed the Lichen in my loft layout with cheap hairspray and that seemed to solve the problem. Unfortunately I forgot on my First Avenue layout which is stored in the shed and there is now a damp patch around all of the lichen areas.

Dave
My layouts (in progress):
Image and Image

Return to “Scenery”