Platform corbelling.

Having a problem making your model railway layout look real. Post questions and share the results of your model railway scenery here.
bob hughes60

Platform corbelling.

Postby bob hughes60 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:43 pm

I am modelling Tettenhall (GWR Kingswinford-Oxley branch) in 00 scale scratchbuilding stuff.
Brick is english bond so no problem facing up platform edges with Plastikard but has anybody got any tips on corbelling?
From the plans and piccies that I have it appears the corbelling is a single brick out then 2 bricks out just below the platform edge paving stones
and it looks like blue engineering brick?
I was wondering if anybody had used certain widths of styrene/plasticard to represent the stepped corbelling and if so could they give me
an idea of these widths either thou/mm ? Thought it is easier this way than cutting the brick plastikard first.
Many thanks
Bob Hughes

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Re: Platform corbelling.

Postby flying scotsman123 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:25 pm

tettenhall station is still there, albeit a bit overgrown when i last looked although i think they have done something to it to make it nicer. it is along the leisure walk by the canal i forget the name could be staffordsgire and worcester. if u live near you could take a look. you could of course always go on holiday to wolverhampton :lol: :roll:
"listen carefully, i shall say this only once"

Jellicoe

Re: Platform corbelling.

Postby Jellicoe » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:10 pm

I use L-section strip styrene. Dimensions are not critical but the over-hang would be about six inches and not much more.

Return to “Scenery”