Which hairspray?

Having a problem making your model railway layout look real. Post questions and share the results of your model railway scenery here.
gastwo

Which hairspray?

Postby gastwo » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:33 am

What is the best brand that members have come across? I'm having a job finding a firm hold one that doesn't have an annoying perfume. (for modelling, I hasten to add. I haven't got sufficient hair to control...)

Shaun.

K9-70

Re: Which hairspray?

Postby K9-70 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:03 am

gastwo wrote:What is the best brand that members have come across? I'm having a job finding a firm hold one that doesn't have an annoying perfume. (for modelling, I hasten to add. I haven't got sufficient hair to control...)

Shaun.

Sorry mate, I can't help you with your quest.
But if you ask your sister, girlfriend, daughter or wife, she'll know the answer to your question :-)

K9-70
The Rides the "REASON" the "DESTINATION" is only an "EXCUSE" :-).

Grahame

Postby Grahame » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:24 am

You could try mens hairspray - it shouldn't have such a girly perfume smell if that is all that bothers you.

G.

b308

Postby b308 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:32 am

The alternative is that Spray Mount stuff from Art Suppliers, does the same job.

slackbladder

Postby slackbladder » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:41 am

The very cheapest Tesco's works a treat
The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

Peterm

Postby Peterm » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:07 am

gastwo wrote:What is the best brand that members have come across? I'm having a job finding a firm hold one that doesn't have an annoying perfume. (for modelling, I hasten to add. I haven't got sufficient hair to control...)

Shaun.

Come on now Shaun, you're among friends here. Next thing you know, it'll be wanting to know what's the best nail varnish (for locking screws with, of course) :wink:
Pete.

Roger (RJ)

Postby Roger (RJ) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 am

Peterm wrote:

Shaun.

Come on now Shaun, you're among friends here. Next thing you know, it'll be wanting to know what's the best nail varnish (for locking screws with, of course) :wink:

And then it'll be "What's the best lipstick for making white LEDs red" :wink:

kiwitram

Postby kiwitram » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:55 am

Sainsbury's cheap & cheerful hairspray smells quite clean, not girly and is good for holding things is place- I used it for fly-away hair! :oops: :oops: ( My hair's very thick so gel doesn't work!!)

b308

Postby b308 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:24 pm

I would love to see a photo of how you've incorporated your hair into the scenery of your layout, KT!

Now if this thread had been under "off topic" I could understand the reply! :wink:

kiwitram

Postby kiwitram » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:08 pm

You've given me an idea there; I could use hair for hay!! :lol: aaaaaaaawww, no thanks!!

Return to “Scenery”