brick designs and print yourself

Having a problem making your model railway layout look real. Post questions and share the results of your model railway scenery here.
1djspikey

brick designs and print yourself

Postby 1djspikey » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:06 pm

Hi folks
just bin messinig with some brick designs on pc and had a go at printing them on photo paper and they look quite good for model houses and other building and walls heres some pictures please feel free to comment :idea: reguards spike :D
Attachments
jordon bricks work style - Copy.jpg
jordon bricks work style - Copy.jpg (88.52 KiB) Viewed 1576 times
old brick style - Copy.jpg
old brick style - Copy.jpg (120.51 KiB) Viewed 1575 times

train-studio

Re: brick designs and print yourself

Postby train-studio » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:12 pm

Wow, they look great, really nice textures. I have no idea how you create such things but is it possible to make the patterns more random? This would increase the realism a lot I feel. Especially like the older brick

1djspikey

Postby 1djspikey » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:55 pm

train-studio wrote:Wow, they look great, really nice textures. I have no idea how you create such things but is it possible to make the patterns more random? This would increase the realism a lot I feel. Especially like the older brick

Hi train-studio

thanks for your reply i know its copyed and pasted time after time to make a A4 photo size sheet of paper bu i thought it would be ideal for small houses etc.. were as you could cut out and make a diffrent cut out every time it would waist of lot of ink and paper but it is still a cheaper alternative way :idea: me and my little boy have just started out at building a layout and i would like to make my own models myself heres a link of the baseboard that we are going to build on reguards spike

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25169 :lol:

cyrilspike

Postby cyrilspike » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:24 pm

printer settings: what scale should they be printed at?

train-studio

Postby train-studio » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:33 am

ah yes spikey, i understand what you mean, on a smaller model they would be great like a building or hut and maybe in even brick bridges, tunnel mouths or viaducts, too repetitive for retaining walls though i would say.

Return to “Scenery”