Hoop top fencing quandry

Having a problem making your model railway layout look real. Post questions and share the results of your model railway scenery here.
kjiwizard

Hoop top fencing quandry

Postby kjiwizard » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi

I have bought some n brass hoop top fencing and cannot decide where the fencing stops and the discardable bits start. Also, how do you fix it to the layout. I think in real life it would have had concrete base or at least longer legs to bury

Any thoughts?

Many thanks
Kelvin

Mountain

Re: Hoop top fencing quandry

Postby Mountain » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:38 pm

Usually use glue to fix it to the layout but not sure about the fence itself as I'm trying to imagine what it looks like.
See below ↓

heda

Postby heda » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:33 pm

Post a picture of the fencing otherwise as Mountain says we have to try and imagine it.
Dave

SRman

Postby SRman » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:50 am

If the fencing doesn't have any longer 'legs' to stick into the ground, you can always solder or glue some pins or brass wire at intervals to insert into pre-drilled holes in the ground.

Flashbang

Postby Flashbang » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:53 pm

This one.... https://www.nbrasslocos.co.uk/kitimages/nlside/n22771%20hoop%20top%20railing%203ft.gif

I feel once cut away from the fret, small holes are drilled into the baseboard surface at the correct distsnce by using the fence as a guide and then the bottom legs are glued into the holes. :D
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.

Return to “Scenery”