Hoop top fencing quandry

Having a problem making your model railway layout look real. Post questions and share the results of your model railway scenery here.
kjiwizard

Hoop top fencing quandry

Postby kjiwizard » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi

I have bought some n brass hoop top fencing and cannot decide where the fencing stops and the discardable bits start. Also, how do you fix it to the layout. I think in real life it would have had concrete base or at least longer legs to bury

Any thoughts?

Many thanks
Kelvin

Mountain

Re: Hoop top fencing quandry

Postby Mountain » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:38 pm

Usually use glue to fix it to the layout but not sure about the fence itself as I'm trying to imagine what it looks like.
Enjoying 7mm narrow gauge.

heda

Postby heda » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:33 pm

Post a picture of the fencing otherwise as Mountain says we have to try and imagine it.
Dave

SRman

Postby SRman » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:50 am

If the fencing doesn't have any longer 'legs' to stick into the ground, you can always solder or glue some pins or brass wire at intervals to insert into pre-drilled holes in the ground.

Flashbang

Postby Flashbang » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:53 pm

This one.... https://www.nbrasslocos.co.uk/kitimages/nlside/n22771%20hoop%20top%20railing%203ft.gif

I feel once cut away from the fret, small holes are drilled into the baseboard surface at the correct distsnce by using the fence as a guide and then the bottom legs are glued into the holes. :D
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.

Return to “Scenery”