Wooden Trestle Bridge

What are you up to on your workbench
grs

Wooden Trestle Bridge

Post by grs »

Here are a few photos of my current and first modelling project. It's a wooden trestle bridge.

The landscape is formed with cardboard hot-glued into position to get a rough shape that covered in plaster bandage. The track sits on lengths of 4x2 with a cork bed, except over the bridge, the rails will be fixed directly to the deck sleepers.
Next I will add Sculptamold to get the final surface and hid the pattern from the bandage.
The rocks are made by pouring plaster of Paris into a mould made from crumpled kitchen foil formed into a tray shape. The broken pieces are hot-glued in.
I have diagonal braces to go between the bents but I want to wait till I get the Sculptamold in.
Peco code 75 track, the section over the bridge will be hand-laid, I need to get the tools and part for that still.

I got rough measurements from photos/drawings on Pinterest which I scaled down then found off the shelf stock that was near the size I needed.
Attachments
47.jpg
46.jpg
45.jpg
44.jpg
Dublo

Re: Wooden Trestle Bridge

Post by Dublo »

Wow. Looking very nice already grs. I shall be watching progress with interest.
Bufferstop

Re: Wooden Trestle Bridge

Post by Bufferstop »

A nice simple design well executed, you must keep us updated as work progresses.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions