McBuffys projects

What are you up to on your workbench
BuffyMcBuffer

McBuffys projects

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

So now that I have started a planning thread I now have to show you my “attempts” at project bashing from the middle of may

First project to ease me into the game a station platform

Now I didn’t want to spend loads so luckily I had all the gear to get started thanks to work and my youth

So my choice was a Wordsworth grand platform built from cereal packaging

This is the only photo I have and although it built ok I believe using at correct card is important
283C0336-EE45-4C42-8020-DBF9A9FC2C73.jpeg
Project 2 is a line side hit from Fine Scale Buildings

Now this was a nice kit to build and again it was free from their website

Built for cereal packaging again and went together well

Only photo unfortunately
C1C8440D-CCFC-466B-9F83-CC9AC420B2B7.jpeg
Project 3 was yellow bricked office from 3DK

Also a free and nice building to construct
Material used was cereal packaging again to keep costs down

1 photo taken as well
583AFC5A-A9EA-4822-8529-17F2992FAB4B.jpeg
Before I started Project 4 I came back to Project 2 and added lighting to the inside
92E7BF58-1AE1-40E4-A7A6-59F2694D5A33.jpeg
6C877C59-9593-4E85-8828-CF0BCFF4D95D.jpeg
I have reached my limit on photos so will start another post
BuffyMcBuffer

Re: McBuffys projects

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

Project 4 Wordsworth 3 Lane Engine Shed

This time I decided I would buy some 1mm and 2mm card to see what this one would turn out like and I am glad I did! No need to laminate thin card together to get the desired thickness needed!

This card kit did give me a head scratch so a quick message to mike the designer and he was quick to reply with pictures of his build which has helped lots, once you’ve done two pairs of sides the third just goes up so quickly, I am starting to get annoyed with cutting the trusses out but that’s part of card building

I’m still undecided if I wanna add one more pair of side to extend the shed that little bit more but I am starting to get tired building this one now, perhaps later in the year I might come back to it and extend it

Here’s the photos
8AD61548-DC9C-4DC2-AC7B-13B47157F8AE.jpeg
6DD0CB45-634D-4FB0-B952-6C21BCB571B8.jpeg
C2602382-2BD3-4D4B-84E5-C0D992D91B7E.jpeg
0D230B14-DB98-45B7-A37A-9EF3C61CF607.jpeg
A3D0B899-6250-4E12-B116-67B284C58BD7.jpeg
BuffyMcBuffer

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

More photos
03631FBA-C0C4-4ED0-AB5E-CCD695003D0C.jpeg
8D9611F0-5358-4C4D-A782-F0F317315E92.jpeg
09CC88C8-6DA2-4237-BF99-A829E104A45B.jpeg
The class 37 inside there is in for repair.... it was running rough so I have stripped the motor down cleaned it all up, resoldered the wires and put new bushes in and I am waiting to get some free time at home so I can get a controller and track to test the motor out (maybe I should make myself a permanent test bed....)
BuffyMcBuffer

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

Monthly update number one

It’ll be easier to just update all of you each month rather than post daily/weekly

So I registered with the same site mike from Wordsworth scenes just for Easie of use and I couldn’t be bothered looking around for a hosting site

So I finally got the girders and roof finished off on the three lane engine shed so that’s that project built, the next but is to weather but that’s just minor details

The printer for some reason has decided to print the middle roof a darker colour than the ends???

Inside I might add lighting at some point

And I added a bit of security to the shed.....

So new project (that would be number five)

Wordsworth canopy for the platform I made

And that’s it really!

Been to tropical island near Berlin (fantastic public transport getting there!), Legoland a few weeks ago, rip up most of the carpet in the house to have the new lot laid, building and fitting new kitchen doors And birthday this weekend just gone so didn’t really have time for anything constructive at the moment

Once things settle down again I pick up

And that’s it for this month
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

Very nice indeed. The last few pics didnt load on my side but I love what I can see. The window looks lovely.
BuffyMcBuffer

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

Mountain wrote:Very nice indeed. The last few pics didnt load on my side but I love what I can see. The window looks lovely.
Thank you it’s nothing complicated just a bit of wire from some armoured cable we have hanging about at work that I cut to length and soldered then coloured with black marker pen

Odd that the photos didn’t load they seem to load for me
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

It could be slow internet at my end. If neighbours are on at the same time it goes a little slower, though the last couple of years it is much better then it was.
BuffyMcBuffer

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

Got to work this morning and got a prototype knocked up

Happy with it so far

Oh you want to know what the bits do....

A point throw lever :roll: got a few more to knock up but so far it’s going well, just need to mock up a base for all the levers to go in which I think I’ll do first
BuffyMcBuffer

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

well that’s those made

End2end

Post by End2end »

Ingenious! :D
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
BuffyMcBuffer

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

End2end wrote:Ingenious! :D
Thanks
End2end
thank you, it's helpful to have a metal workshop that's like an Aladdin's cave at work, got them all made up and drilled to have the shaft that they will sit on and also found a frame work to hold it all together, just got to re cut the sides as these turned out to be too short oops :roll:

photo's tomorrow peeps
BuffyMcBuffer

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

Photos as promised

So yesterday I made the mistake on the side panels

And I’ve just knocked some new sides up just need to attach everything together so more pics soon

I’m happy with how that has turned out (ignore the drill hole as I was going to use two pop rivets in each corner but decided not to

Next is the cover for the top so the levers pop through

Got a lid/cover sorted

Next will be to get the wires connected inside, cut the slots in the top for the levers to move enough and tidy all of it up

Little bit more done before I leave off

Great stuff if you like the smell of acetone!
joshv8

Post by joshv8 »

Loving the sheet metal work! I had a similar idea in my head for point levers. Are those nails for the lever heads?
BuffyMcBuffer

Post by BuffyMcBuffer »

joshv8 wrote:Loving the sheet metal work! I had a similar idea in my head for point levers. Are those nails for the lever heads?

Thanks but I have to confess it’s some angled metal I found laying about so I cut it to some lengths and pop riveted them together to form a box

As for the nails I have no idea as they seem to have a lip on the shaft and again something I found laying about
joshv8

Post by joshv8 »

BuffyMcBuffer wrote:
joshv8 wrote:Loving the sheet metal work! I had a similar idea in my head for point levers. Are those nails for the lever heads?

Thanks but I have to confess it’s some angled metal I found laying about so I cut it to some lengths and pop riveted them together to form a box

As for the nails I have no idea as they seem to have a lip on the shaft and again something I found laying about
Haha oh well, it all works very well!