Bufferstop's Bench Confessions of an Unrepentant Basher

What are you up to on your workbench
nickbrad

Re: Bufferstop's Bench Confessions of an Unrepentant Basher

Postby nickbrad » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:29 pm

Although 3D printing is never going to completely replace the old art of cobbling stuff together from plasticard, it's certainly becoming more and more accessible and as prices continue to drop, more and more people will be able to venture into modelling in this manner.

Bufferstop

Re: The Basher Tries 3D

Postby Bufferstop » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:53 pm

There are definite advantages to 3D modelling, I was able to virtual drill two sets of axle holes, guaranteed (well almost) to be parallel and square with absolute ease. All that is needed is to draw a 2mm circle on the intersection of the gridlines for each axle, select the area of the circle, then pull (or push) it through the side plate across the intervening space and through the other side plate. lo and behold two sets of axle holes, parallel and square in two planes, with as good a degree of accuracy as most RTR chassis. My old TD master would have accused me of black magic, pins string and a mirror borrowed from the physics lab for a projection on an angle had him scratching his head when a couple of us did it across adjacent boards.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Return to “The Workbench”