Dapol GWR DMU railmotor

Discuss Dapol Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
swiftbeam

Re: Dapol GWR DMU railmotor

Postby swiftbeam » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:37 am

D605Eagle wrote:Now thats what Dapol should have done in the first place, and IMO would have justified its price too.

I totally agree. The inside of the Railcar is a horrible, lazy, way out dated way of manufacturing a model! There is no way it needs a huge motor for what is a single car unit. A flat printed floor and separately fitted printed seats would have been a 'game changer'. There are very few parts in this model and a handful of separate seats could have been done at this retail price!

But hey, mine don't look too bad now :wink:
Thanks.

Lysander

Postby Lysander » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:51 am

Actually, that's really rather nice.

Tony
Men with false teeth may yet speak the truth.......

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:14 pm

swiftbeam wrote:
D605Eagle wrote:Now thats what Dapol should have done in the first place, and IMO would have justified its price too.

I totally agree. The inside of the Railcar is a horrible, lazy, way out dated way of manufacturing a model! There is no way it needs a huge motor for what is a single car unit. A flat printed floor and separately fitted printed seats would have been a 'game changer'. There are very few parts in this model and a handful of separate seats could have been done at this retail price!

But hey, mine don't look too bad now :wink:
Thanks.

What you have done is changed it from what looks like a slightly updated Lima railcar standard to a class leading work of art. I'm impressed.

Return to “Dapol”