motor needed for a Dapol 45XX

Discuss Dapol Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
wombat

motor needed for a Dapol 45XX

Postby wombat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:56 pm

Does anyone know where I can obtain a motor for a Dapol 45XX Tank loco N Scale, I have searched the net and cannot find anywhere that sells them.
Dapol only sells the full chassis, HELP! I bought this from Perth Hobby Centre here in Oz, NO returns will not reply to phone/email. motor was super glued
tight when someone glued on the side weight, also stated on their eBay page that it was DCC ready NOT so, is there any other motor that will fit ?
All help happily excepted. Jeff. :cry:

Bigmet

Re: motor needed for a Dapol 45XX

Postby Bigmet » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:20 am

Check out the motor dimensions, (length and width over can, motor shaft diameter and length) and contact an Australian motor stockist such as 'Hollywood Foundry' for advice on available equivalents. That'll hopefully give you a price to compare with the Dapol replacement chassis. If there's not a lot in it, I'd say go for the chassis replacement as that has to run, or can be returned. Then you also have the old chassis for spares when other parts fail. (Cannot pretend to have any great confidence in the longevity of Dapol N product.)

wombat

Postby wombat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:39 am

Thank you for your info. Jeff

Peterm

Postby Peterm » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:50 am

If you bought this in good faith that it was a new product, get stuck in to him. If he won't respond to your attempts to contact him, open a dispute through ebay. Just the point of claiming it to be dcc ready when it's not, should be grounds enough to start with. Don't let him get away with it !
Pete.

Return to “Dapol”