Got A Bit Bored - BR 20T Brake Van Interior

Articles which have been discussed in the main article section (7 days+) and are ready to be added to the main site.
beamends

Got A Bit Bored - BR 20T Brake Van Interior

Post by beamends »

I got a bit bored the other day, and decided that the brake van needed and interior (like you are able to see it with the roof on!).

This is the outside on the thing, built from an ABS 43to1 kit

The stove and brake wheel are Slaters, the cushions are Milliput, all the rest - Guards Bag, Bardic, Working Manual, Rule Book and benches are made from 0.6mm plasticard, the bag handle being a slither cut off the edge. I can't find any 80's train crew, but maybe some figures from the Airfix "Afrika Corps" soldiers set may be adaptable - at lest their caps are almost right!

Need to find something for the stove pipe too...

Cheers
Richard
I have become.......comfortably numb
gooner551

Re: Got A Bit Bored - BR 20T Brake Van Interior

Post by gooner551 »

Caps?
Caps?
Never wore those mate.
What you need to complete that little beauty is a copy of the Sun, a book, and a tea can.
Mind you, when I was a goods guard in the early 80,s the Southern saw only fully fitted freight trains, so the only times we had to use a brake van were for toxic gas loads, hdro-cyanic acids, and the nuclear flask.
We were issued with written orders for those in a sealed envelope when we booked on duty, heh heh, just like 007!
Cheers
Russ
beamends

Re: Got A Bit Bored - BR 20T Brake Van Interior

Post by beamends »

gooner551 wrote:Caps?
Caps?
Never wore those mate.
What you need to complete that little beauty is a copy of the Sun, a book, and a tea can.
Mind you, when I was a goods guard in the early 80,s the Southern saw only fully fitted freight trains, so the only times we had to use a brake van were for toxic gas loads, hdro-cyanic acids, and the nuclear flask.
We were issued with written orders for those in a sealed envelope when we booked on duty, heh heh, just like 007!
Cheers
Russ
About half did at Westbury, and most drivers. The old hands would also wear three overcoats and a scarf on cold days, like in the middle of summer. I kept a nice shiney jacket for rare passenger workings, but usually had my manky old one that was so well used it was waterproof! Had to keep my dust coat clean for a pillow ;-) Never wore a cap though, even on the royal train. With my foundry boots I was an Igor, but with lots of hair!

Cheers
Richard
I have become.......comfortably numb