Hornby Skaledale 'Coal Stage' Review

Articles which have been discussed in the main article section (7 days+) and are ready to be added to the main site.
Rail_Fan 15

Hornby Skaledale 'Coal Stage' Review

Post by Rail_Fan 15 »

Well I looked in the reviews section the other day and theres no review on the Hornby Skaledale Coal Stage, so please allow me to do the honours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Hornby skaledale coalstage comes in a neat small box and is well packed in polystyrene. After removing the coalstage from its casing i was very surprised at how well this model looked.

The coalstage has the redbrick design which was featured on the older style buildings, and like them, the detail on each brick is surprising, each one neally looks indivdualy painted, with different shades of red, even brown. The wood also looks good on this model and you can easily see the fine wood grain detail from a distance and close up. The steps are a permanent fixture but it would of been nice if the modeller could have chosen what side the steps could go on.

The coalstage's moulded coal looks very good at a distance but close up it looks too moulded and in one area almost looks like black vomit, this isnt a problem at a distance and doesnt spoil the overall look.

Like others in the Skaledale collection this model is weathered, both the red bricks and the actual deck of the stage which has been blackened to show the dirtiness the type of building would be exposed to in real life.

I found this model extremly well made and i would recomend it to anyone modeling a steam era layout, its also priced quite well at just under 30 NZL dollars (10pounds aproximate)

RATING 9/10 - Excellent
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know who has administrator powers on the site, but if this is good enough could it be added to the reviews section?

By the way i also said this post in another section not realising it was suppost to go here, could someone please go delete, sorry for the inconvinience.
Todd 8)

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.
Rail_Fan 15

Post by Rail_Fan 15 »

Its been days and still no reply....
Todd 8)

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.
Martin71

Post by Martin71 »

Hi Railfan

Pictures tell a 1000 words. Dont worry good review. Put some pictures up.

Can this be converted to an operational coal stage? In other words can I drop and pick up a load with hopper cars.

TH\hanks again for the review

m
Rail_Fan 15

Post by Rail_Fan 15 »

Todd 8)