Back to 4mm, new layout plan.

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
Ironduke

Re: Back to 4mm, new layout plan.

Postby Ironduke » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:07 am

Well anyway I got the pieces to connect eventually, so here is a sort of C-track geometry demo.
The inner radius curves are spaced at 77.5mm centres while the outer curves are spaced at 66.3mm. I suppose it make sense that larger radius curves require less clearance but it doesn't make it easy to use. Curved points always complicate things :roll:
I zipped the .any file to attach it.
Attachments
c-track.jpg
c-track jpeg
c-track.zip
Anyrail file
(13.51 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Regards
Rob

boxbrownie

Postby boxbrownie » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:49 am

Getting there, but you have missed the fact that the long radius points (both curved and straight) require the use of special short straights/curves at the toe end which have detachable roadbed/ballast edges so the track fits perfectly together without needing the cut the ballast base.

Took me a full week and a lot of digging to realise that, not clear on the Märklin/Trix site........clever system but needs care when planning.
Best regards David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you......I may wish to offend again.

Montfort

Postby Montfort » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:43 am

That's what I call a BIG layout. It requires a lot of money. The Trix C-track is very expensive as far as I can remember. But it's your layout. So go for it !
Back on the track !
Chris

boxbrownie

Postby boxbrownie » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:00 pm

Haha.....no, that’s not mine, my layout is further up the thread, I think this multi track version was just drawn to show the geometry available from TRIX
Best regards David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you......I may wish to offend again.

Montfort

Postby Montfort » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Sorry. My mistake. :oops: Anyway you gave me an idea. I put all my Trix C-track stuff out of the box for a new project.
Back on the track !
Chris

boxbrownie

Postby boxbrownie » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:06 pm

Montfort wrote:Sorry. My mistake. :oops: Anyway you gave me an idea. I put all my Trix C-track stuff out of the box for a new project.

There you go...........not one single post can be said to be wasted :D
Best regards David

Ironduke

Postby Ironduke » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:29 pm

boxbrownie wrote:but you have missed the fact that the long radius points (both curved and straight) require the use of special short straights/curves at the toe end which have detachable roadbed/ballast edges so the track fits perfectly together without needing the cut the ballast base.

Oh buggah! What are the part numbers?
Regards
Rob

boxbrownie

Postby boxbrownie » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:12 pm

For the straight long points you need one at each toe fork #62071

For the long curved points you need #62315 depending upon configuration
Best regards David

Return to “Personal Layouts - Planning”