North Wales inspired layout 1970s

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
Stonedtrainman420

Re: North Wales inspired layout 1970s

Postby Stonedtrainman420 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:09 pm

Thanks for the comments and the interest i'm hoping to have the baseboards in place within the next month, i'm currently updating some older bits of track i have and i'm waiting until payday to get the job done :lol:

Been doing my research re: North Wales 1970s/80s and i found a brilliant website that is made by a welsh trainspotter who documented the line around the time and i must say there are some real gems!!

One topic of interest was his page on colwyn bay and the construction of the A55, i found these pictures and thought perhaps i could incorporate some into my layout?

It's made me contemplate some ideas surrounding my layout, i may try to incorporate a road under construction so that i can replicate some of the work movements, i may change to an end to end layout so that i have more space for scenery, if i were to model anything i'd model colywn bay station, its the perfect mix of a simplistic track layout and scenic interest, especially if i am to include the construction of the A55 link road

Stonedtrainman420

Postby Stonedtrainman420 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:53 am

A mock up of my new track plan, i've based it loosly off the one that used to be at colwyn bay, also got some other stuff on there too going to do a proper mock run at the weekend.

Chops

Postby Chops » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:48 am

Following, and enjoying, with great interest.
I don't care what they say. I believe in Nessie.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Planning”