Pierluk's layout

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
Pierluk

Pierluk's layout

Postby Pierluk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:55 pm

Hello,
I read the Few newbie questions thread and I decided to build my very own version of a Hornby R771 trakmat layout.
Because I haven't enought room to make the full version, I downsized it a little bit :oops: .
The Hornby R771 version (1.14 x 1.58 metre):

00.jpg

My very own version (1.00 x 1.34 metre):

R771.jpg

I also find a few pics of this layout:

09.JPG

07.JPG

Looking for ideas to finalise my layout, any comments would be welcomed. Thank you !

End2end

Re: Pierluk's layout

Postby End2end » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:05 pm

Small passing loop on the single (station?) siding perhaps?
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Emettman

Postby Emettman » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:24 pm

You did ask for ideas...

Your cut-down plan maximises the space to let two trains run, but leaves little room for anything else to happen.

Here I've given up on the double track while giving a priority to operation: letting different things happen.
There should be room for at least three small trains.

pierluk.jpg

At the bottom station, unless a railcar or 2-car DMU, which can just back out, a spare engine comes on to the back of the train from the blue siding and takes the coaches or wagons over to the second platform, freeing the "trapped" engine. This can either go to take turn as spare engine, or the shunting engine returns to the blue siding, allowing the train engine to get onto the right end of its train.
Because of the headhunt, a train can be running on the oval while this is going on.

To turn a train around at the passing station the loco just has to come back via the other platform to get to the other end of its train.
(if the other platform is full, and everything is jammed up, the loco can always go all the way around the oval!)

There are a couple of sidings in the only places they could go, for a few freight wagons, or to get a passenger train out of the way for a while.
The brown road is raised, breaking the scenes up, and giving a sensible place for a high level station building for the curved platform.

A road tunnel just to the left of the end of the upper siding saves having to have two sloped access roads.

Chris
"It's his madness that keeps him sane."

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:16 pm

Very nice.
Enjoying 7mm narrow gauge.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Planning”