Un-nammed railway in the deepest of Devon

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
Taw Valley

Un-nammed railway in the deepest of Devon

Postby Taw Valley » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Righty ho, been planning, re planning and then moving bits around,,, oh then re planning and decided on this setup.

Its essentially based on the idea of washford expect the fact that its a terminus station with an extra siding. Mainly tank locos being used on local 3 coach trains with small goods coming and going. Not really based on a particular time as ive yet to decide if its a heritage line (to allow for modern Signalling /surroundings or to go full 1940's

Firstly, does anyone have an criticism, be it good or bad?

Secondly, can anyone help with the Signalling asspect of it? Ive got a general idea but just want to see if im right or not, everything comes from the left with either passengers stright into the station, or goods being stright into the yard,

Apart from a yellow dummy at the point leaving the yard, I cant imagine there be any other signals in the yard area, just not sure how to signal the passenger loop, and the entrance into the station / yard from the running line.

Sorry, its not drawn to scale but everything does fit where I want it when laid out on the boards

Taw Valley

Re: Un-nammed railway in the deepest of Devon

Postby Taw Valley » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Emettman

Re: Un-nammed railway in the deepest of Devon

Postby Emettman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:38 pm

Taking your picture, Taw Valley, I sketched this (in Hornby, just for speed. Not saying this are recommended)
Only ideas.

Two main differences.
A bay platform, to increase the passenger train capacity and variety,
The goods and passenger lines now share a run-round loop, with smoother and easier transition into the goods yard.

Chris
"It's his madness that keeps him sane."

Return to “Personal Layouts - Planning”