The Harz in HOm

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
Emettman

Re: The Harz in HOm

Post by Emettman »

This latest plan looks to work better.

The remaining issue is for goods access to and from the outer mainline.
I was thinking that the connection to the goods/loco area would be just to the left of the point where the inner line diverges, so to keep routes to and from both running lines open.

That this point might be fouled with a full-length train on the "branch" platform I don't think would be so much of a problem.

(Or the lower platform could now be lengthened by reversing the handedness of the crossover on the upper left.

Chris.
"It's his madness that keeps him sane."
Emettman

Post by Emettman »

This latest plan looks to work better.

The remaining issue is for goods access to and from the outer mainline.
I was thinking that the connection to the goods/loco area would be just to the left of the point where the inner line diverges, so to keep routes to and from both running lines open.

That this point might be fouled with a full-length train on the "branch" platform I don't think would be so much of a problem.

(Or the lower platform could now be lengthened by reversing the handedness of the crossover on the upper left.

Chris.
"It's his madness that keeps him sane."
Austinw

Post by Austinw »

Wittenau Version 2 (Copy).jpg
Wittenau Version 2 (Copy).jpg (37.56 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
Thanks for your suggestions Chris, the length of the branch platform including the point just added would be about 20'' which would be fine for a short 2/3 coach train. I think this version is close to what you were thinking and unless anyone can see any hitches I think this is the one I'll go with
b308

Post by b308 »

Austinw wrote:That's a great double departure shot, was it taken by yourself?
I wish! It's just one I nicked from a Google Image search, though I do have a similar one of Bertsdorf!

I assume that you are doing present day in which case freight is not really an issue as there isn't any! Perhaps one of the sidings could be used to store a snow plough or one of the railcars!

As you will only be using those lines for loco storage, leaving the coaches in the station I think it looks fine... It will take some careful working with one train in and another arriving though!
Austinw

Post by Austinw »

b308 wrote:
Austinw wrote:That's a great double departure shot, was it taken by yourself?
I wish! It's just one I nicked from a Google Image search, though I do have a similar one of Bertsdorf!

I assume that you are doing present day in which case freight is not really an issue as there isn't any! Perhaps one of the sidings could be used to store a snow plough or one of the railcars!

As you will only be using those lines for loco storage, leaving the coaches in the station I think it looks fine... It will take some careful working with one train in and another arriving though!
Yes it will be present day, I could get away with the odd freight by running an HOm scale photo charter! The HSB have a fair number of goods vehicles stored in the sidings at Westentor. I think a lot of 'modellers licence' will be called for!