Catrine, Ayrshire

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
barney121e

Catrine, Ayrshire

Postby barney121e » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi Guys

Am looking to start a OO layout of a branch line station terminus in Ayrshire called Catrine. The station closed in 1943. It wasn't a big station, but I could run it as a steam layout, a what if current day layout or even a heritage line layout stock wise. A fellow forum member has come up with two station plans but I am stuck to what else I could do. I have space in my converted garage of 14ft by 10ft. I could do a L shaped end to end layout but wondering if anyone has ideas if it was a P shaped layout? Any suggestions as to what I could do?

Any help much appreciated.

Dave

catrine_zpsoxvkeqfe.jpg
catrine_zpsoxvkeqfe.jpg (41.32 KiB) Viewed 538 times

markS&D

Re: Catrine, Ayrshire

Postby markS&D » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:02 pm

Try this site, there are loads of track plans, you might be able to adapt some of them to suit your space. Without knowing exactly what you want from your layout, it is difficult to give any more guidance.

Here is the link to the track plan website:

http://www.freetrackplans.com/
My layout, only look if you are interested.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=48422

stuartp

Re: Catrine, Ayrshire

Postby stuartp » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:01 pm

Yay ! Another G&SWR modeller !

Not quite sure what you mean by P-shaped, but could you have Catrine at one level along one wall and spiral up along the next two wall to a fiddle yard.

Or you could reverse the real geography and have the GSWR main line going around the garage, Brackenhills Jcn on one side and Catrine above the fiddleyard on the other. The real branch was 1 in 60 so quite steep.
Portwilliam - Southwest Scotland in the 1960s, in OO - http://stuart1968.wordpress.com/

Return to “Personal Layouts - Planning”