help

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
uksteve123

help

Postby uksteve123 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:37 pm

nguage or oo whats best space available 81 inch by 80 many thanks

Emettman

Re: help

Postby Emettman » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:38 pm

Depends what you want to do.. With anything involving main-line trains (more than three coaches, say) N almost certainly comes out way ahead.
With a rural or light railway, OO will give the bigger models.
For a highly detailed industrial or dockside shunting railway O would be far from impossible, and could look really impressive.

Chris
"It's his madness that keeps him sane."

markS&D

Re: help

Postby markS&D » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:13 pm

uksteve123 wrote:nguage or oo whats best space available 81 inch by 80 many thanks

I agree with "Emettman" you need to decide exactly what you want from your layout. What interests you? Is it a branch line environment, with a small terminus station? Or is it a main line set up with long trains and a large station? Or something else entirely?

You need to make decision, once you have done that, you can then decide which scale will fit your space.

As I have said before, N scale is half the size of 00, but an equivalent N scale layout will fit into an area 1 quarter the size of the same layout in 00.

Hope this helps.
My layout, only look if you are interested.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=48422

Return to “Personal Layouts - Planning”