C and O station as it was by CandO

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
Mountain

Re: C and O station as it was by CandO

Postby Mountain » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:06 pm

CandO wrote:Ok so now I'm more confused! Can Code 55 and Code 80 be used together? I've just seen something that said there was a difference in height of the rails and you have to faff about getting them level.... :?

If so I'm going to have to have a rethink as I think my trains will be like they're on the rolling hills :roll: :lol:

EDIT: Oooops! Just been re-reading the thread and seen that PnP has already mentioned this! Sorry!! :D

Yes. They can in N gauge and you use the same rail joiners. The code 55 rails are made quite cleverly in that they are half built inside the sleepers so actually use a deeper profile but most is hidden so can be used together as if they have the same profile.
Enjoying 7mm narrow gauge.

CandO

Postby CandO » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:51 pm

Thanks for the comments Mumbles and Mountain :) (Why does that sound like a couple of characters from a Pixar animation??!! :lol: :lol: )

Right. The baseboards have been re-erected and hopefully work on them can commence. :D

I've been laying out the track to some extent and think I've got it how it's going to be in the main part.....I guess this is where I now move to the Under Construction part of the Forum!!

But first a track question.....The image below shows the two loops of the main track with the top right being the track that goes to/comes from the goods warehouse. Am I right in thinking that the two points at left will only ever need to be changed together for when a train is leaving the goods warehouse to get to the clockwise loop? If so can these be wired to a single switch so this is done simultaneously?

P1080285a.jpg
P1080285a.jpg (61.99 KiB) Viewed 191 times

Thanks for any comments! :wink:

Dave

Postby Dave » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:21 pm

CandO wrote:Am I right in thinking that the two points at left will only ever need to be changed together for when a train is leaving the goods warehouse to get to the clockwise loop? If so can these be wired to a single switch so this is done simultaneously?

Yes is the short answer :D

Return to “Personal Layouts - Planning”