i need some inspiration

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
RocketRon

Re: i need some inspiration

Postby RocketRon » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Cheers Jon thats a nice layout.

Jim i should be full of inspiration but im not lol as i see them most days as im a driver :)

b308

Postby b308 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Looking at your forum name I'd say you drive 143s... :twisted:

RocketRon

Postby RocketRon » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:36 pm

haha, close, 142s and 144s amongst others!!!

Jim S-W

Postby Jim S-W » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:51 pm

RocketRon wrote:Cheers Jon thats a nice layout.

Jim i should be full of inspiration but im not lol as i see them most days as im a driver :)

Probably because it's work. People who work with things see them as a tool and not the way an enthusiast looks at things. In my experience a guy who drives class 37s all day wont be able to model them any where near as well as an enthusiast who likes the class. They just don't see them the same.

You see the real thing every day but do you really look at it? Because of our fight or flight nature we (as a species) are born to make snap decisions based of very limited info. We look at something just long enough to decide what it is (dinner or a threat at the most basic level) and the mind fills in the rest. Learning to really look at something is not something most people do. It's why some people can draw and some can't. Not because of any skill with a pencil but because they know how to look.

Cheers

Jim

RocketRon

Postby RocketRon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:54 am

Well the slow progress continues. I have decided on N gauge though as at ive just won a dapol 122 on ebay :)

Return to “Personal Layouts - Planning”