OO Gauge Terminus Station Layout.

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
Free_at_last

Re: OO Gauge Terminus Station Layout.

Postby Free_at_last » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:48 am

I think it sounds great.
Pete.
Gauge is not spelt guage. Remember to put another "m" in remeber. Manufacturers has two "r"s in.
When you buy something, you have bought it, not brought it.
Before you post, are you really LOL and do you NEED to tell us?

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:34 pm

Well, the station might just end up being a small branch line layout with a junction that connects to a mainline area, basically it will have one mainline route area on one board that ends at a junction and leads past that and loops back and travels back to the other end of the route via a viaduct, whist there is a branch-line that can handle the hall class locomotives plus some suburban/branch line tank engines for it and there is a branch line shed for the smaller engines and a mainline shed area for the bigger mainline engines. I might just go GWR on this as there are a lot of choices for branch line/suburban locomotives. The mainline engines will be one class of each of the bigger locomotives and same goes for the branch line ones. I might make this N gauge as I'd have more room for it :).

Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:18 pm

I won't be making a terminus as most of the available items for station making are in fact intermediate stations.

Hi

Why do you say that? I think most of the stuff available can be used for any station? or do you mean the Station buildings? again I think most of the models available are suitable for most locations, with some regional variations. That said based on your earlier post where you suggested you were going for a fantasy setting, does it really matter if the stations aren't quite right?

I think you should have some fun and just build a railway with what you can get and model a terminus if that's what you want.

P.
It's the nature of evolution
The dinosaurs went to Hell

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:45 pm

I remember an old layout in Railway Modeller where the owner had a big selection of locomotives from various companies, he wanted a location where he could use these with reasonable realism. His choice was Chester, the logic being that the GWR worked in from Wales, the LMS ran through from Crewe to Holyhead, and the LNER had running powers into Chester over the Cheshire Lines Committee. Unfortunately the Southern was excluded!!

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:41 pm

The layout will be a full branchline with suburban route, so don't worry it will be a terminus, in fact two terminus stations, one will be the first terminus which connects a mainline route with the branchline and the other terminus will also connect to the mainline route and will have a harbour and goods depot & yard so it'll still have the terminus feel, I plan to use the stuff that's available online to make it and see if my uncle can make the harbour, connecting viaduct, and seawall onto the layout :). The next two boards I get made will be for the mainline route, granted it will be a loop line so it won't be a full mainline route but both ends will have turntables and the harbour will have a mainline & boat train section when I get to that point :). I'm more than likely gonna have a hard time choosing between the eight GWR locomotives that will work on my branchline first the choices are as follows: GWR 14xx no. 1444, GWR 14xx No. 4819, GWR 57xx No. 8709, GWR 8750 No. 9635, Hall Class No. 6922 Burton Hall, or Ex-ROD Goods Engine No. 3031.

Free_at_last

Postby Free_at_last » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:03 pm

sir hayden wrote:The layout will be a full branchline with suburban route, so don't worry it will be a terminus, in fact two terminus stations, one will be the first terminus which connects a mainline route with the branchline and the other terminus will also connect to the mainline route and will have a harbour and goods depot & yard so it'll still have the terminus feel, I plan to use the stuff that's available online to make it and see if my uncle can make the harbour, connecting viaduct, and seawall onto the layout :). The next two boards I get made will be for the mainline route, granted it will be a loop line so it won't be a full mainline route but both ends will have turntables and the harbour will have a mainline & boat train section when I get to that point :). I'm more than likely gonna have a hard time choosing between the eight GWR locomotives that will work on my branchline first the choices are as follows: GWR 14xx no. 1444, GWR 14xx No. 4819, GWR 57xx No. 8709, GWR 8750 No. 9635, Hall Class No. 6922 Burton Hall, or Ex-ROD Goods Engine No. 3031.

Smashing. They are really useful engines.
Pete.
Gauge is not spelt guage. Remember to put another "m" in remeber. Manufacturers has two "r"s in.

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:44 pm

They are. I actually have finally chosen to get: numbers 9635, 8709, 4819, & 6129 during different months :). Starting will No. 4819, No. 6129, a gwr auto coach, a gwr suburban coach, a gwr fruit van, & a gwr toad brake van :). The first stuff I'm getting will be part of my branchline demonstration train :). The rest of the stuff will be bought in either march, april, or may :). I sadly can't find anyone selling the bachmann branchline halls anymore so I have to get the other pannier tank, the other 1400, or the small prairie. I'ma get the small prairie :).

Free_at_last

Postby Free_at_last » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:30 am

sir hayden wrote:They are. I actually have finally chosen to get: numbers 9635, 8709, 4819, & 6129 during different months :). Starting will No. 4819, No. 6129, a gwr auto coach, a gwr suburban coach, a gwr fruit van, & a gwr toad brake van :). The first stuff I'm getting will be part of my branchline demonstration train :). The rest of the stuff will be bought in either march, april, or may :). I sadly can't find anyone selling the bachmann branchline halls anymore so I have to get the other pannier tank, the other 1400, or the small prairie. I'ma get the small prairie :).

Great!
Pete.

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:22 pm

I found out that Antiques Online has Burton Hall available. I think the engines I'm gonna start with are gonna be: Burton Hall, 4819, 8709, 6129, Wadebridge, a Midland Compound, & an LNER WD Austerity. Either that or the four GWR branchline engines I originally chose and Wadebridge. The final choice will be on the day of November that I get my paycheck. The choice will be of the first engine & rolling stock that I order.

Free_at_last

Postby Free_at_last » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:30 pm

sir hayden wrote:I found out that Antiques Online has Burton Hall available. I think the engines I'm gonna start with are gonna be: Burton Hall, 4819, 8709, 6129, Wadebridge, a Midland Compound, & an LNER WD Austerity. Either that or the four GWR branchline engines I originally chose and Wadebridge. The final choice will be on the day of November that I get my paycheck. The choice will be of the first engine & rolling stock that I order.

Looking forward to seeing pictures.
Pete.

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm still gonna make the branchline, there will be three halls bought, Olton Hall, Rood Ashton Hall & Burton Hall. I'm still gonna get GWR 57xx No. 5786 as 040 trains n models has it. I'll be using b and h models to get No. 4819, King Edward II, & Pendennis Castle, ehattons for Rood Ashton Hall & Olton Hall, antiques online for Burton Hall, 040 trains n models nz for 5786. I might get either 5786 or Burton Hall first as I really want to test the strength of a branchline engine first. I plan to get the branchline engines first and later in the year: get Pendennis Castle & King Edward II last :).
Last edited by sir hayden on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free_at_last

Postby Free_at_last » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:39 pm

sir hayden wrote:Update time again, I'm deciding to make a small mainline route and have it connect to the branchline via a junction which is the first of the branchline terminus stations. The mainline route starts at West Bristol Port Road Station *the mainline route terminus* goes to West Newcastle Halt, connects to the branchline at Julius Station and goes to the other terminus for the mainline at Hereford Street Station. the branchline goes to Berkley Road, Welshman Bluff, and ends at Brunel West Station and Harbour/Goods Yard. Also, Hereford Street Station will have a port that has a route to a junction at Brunel West for the branchline train passengers to travel back to West Bristol Port Road Station to catch the boat there as that's also a liner dock area, whist Hereford Street Station's harbor is mainly for goods trains :). The mainline locomotives will be Rood Ashton Hall for the goods trains aswell as lighter route running for the express passenger trains. Pendennis Castle and King William IV for the express passenger trains, Julius Station will be where King Edward II will stop to let Pendennis Castle take the work over :). Then are Hereford Street Station, Rood Ashton Hall takes over and goes to Westford Station, and Burton Road Station, the Northern terminus station :). I hope you guys like my new idea. The engines will be: Rood Ashton Hall, Pendennis Castle, and King Edward II for the mainline. 4819, 9635, Burton Hall, & 6129.

Wow! It sounds as if it's going to be some trainset.
Don't forget the pictures.
Pete.

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Postby flying scotsman123 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:07 am

All these jumping around of ideas! still, hope this one goes well, as others have said, sounds like a great idea (now you've settled on one!) and I look forward to seeing some pictures. Can I suggest before you spend money on ALL of those locos, buy a few, then concentrate on at least getting track down (unless that has already happened, and buying some other stuff then buy some more Loos. it's no good having loads of locos without a layout.
good luck!
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout.

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:38 pm

The layout will happen during or after Christmas, depending on if my grandpa can order the stuff for making the branchline. The signals for the layout will be a mix of Hornby, Dapol, & Ratio. I'm actually gonna go the route of a fantasy heritage railway that will have a little of each of the Big Four railway companies mixed in :).

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Just got more track stuff for Christmas aswell as 2 suburban b-set coaches *they are the same one but the only place that I could get both separate releases of them was antics online*, an 8-pack of 16t mineral wagons, & a 20 ex-SR pillbox brakevan in BR Departmental Olive Livery. Also got me the Bachmann LMS Liveried Lanky Tank No. 10695 today. My next locomotive is more than likely the 2015-released Heljan 1366 Locomotive *hopefully they make all 6 in different liveries and if they do, then I hope that No. 1369 will be in its current preserved livery with the modern warning system on it*. I also made a video of my new Lanky Tank, it's being uploaded now :).

Return to “Personal Layouts - Planning”