"Winter warmer"

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
bristolmidland

"Winter warmer"

Postby bristolmidland » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi all'
Well the cold snap has driven me out of the loft so I have decided to build a "Winter warmer" layout in the comfort of the back bedroom. It will be small, approx 48" x 15" with fiddle yards ta either end. It will be mainly for my modern era locos with a line at the rear of the layout to play around with intermodals and my cement hoppers. I plan to have a single road TMD with fuelling point and sidings and have a low relief backdrop higher than the tracks. I have seen many examples of this type of layout and will try not to "borrow" too much from them but to gain inspiration. I don't have track planning software as I use a macbook so I will have to do it the old fashioned way by pencil and trial and error. I am banned from setting it up permanently so it will have to be able to be leaned against the wall overnight and hopefully added onto my loft layout when weather permits. I am looking for ideas on how to make it movable. It will be supported by a table during use but what is the best way to be able to fit the fiddle yards so as to make them easy to take off/on? I will try to scan my track plan when I have managed to make it readable!

Thanks for reading

Steve
On top of everything else my football team is owned by chicken farmers.

whynot

Re: "Winter warmer"

Postby whynot » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:59 am

Would not folding (i.e. fold down flat against the wall) brackets take up less space than a table?
dave j
Works End 0 16.5
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49336

bristolmidland

Postby bristolmidland » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi Dave,

The table is already in situ so it won't be a problem.

regards Steve

bristolmidland

Postby bristolmidland » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:05 pm

I have now got a plan which I am going to call Somerset road TMD. It is 56" x 15" plus very small fiddle yard. Here is a quick view of the basic layout. I don't have a track planner as I have a mac and don't want to lay out money for something I will only use a couple of times.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x37 ... d/TMD2.jpg

Return to “Personal Layouts - Planning”