Hornby Rail-freight wagons

monty2420

Hornby Rail-freight wagons

Postby monty2420 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi All
has any one railfreight wagons for sale at a decent price,fleabby :o :o have some
but crazy prices let me know if you have some.
Monty2420

Mountain

Re: Hornby Rail-freight wagons

Postby Mountain » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:02 pm

Many different wagons carried the Railfreight branding and while the most popular livery was red, the Railfreight branding or logo was used before the red came in so certain wagons (Usually vans) were to be seen in the B.R. brown livery (Or a similar shade) with the branding on the side.
Also what scale and gauge?
Hopefully someone will have what you need. I may have the odd one or two but I would need to have a look and work out what I have spare.
What prices are silly? Today's model prices are beyond silly! :lol:

monty2420

Postby monty2420 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:57 am

Hi Mountain thank you for your reply.
Yes I have some of the original brown vans and open wagons which i am happy to have if available from
fellow followers of this forum.
I have been building up my red/black vans particularly Hornby 00 but a small brake on fleabay
£24 used :shock: a van unboxed used £19 and there is more------ I am not prepared to pay such prices but
will pay a reasonable price.I was able to buy from Elains a Red/black van for £7 plus postage and a further new/used for £9 plus.
I don't mind some used damage :( as most or the rolling stock will be used on my lay out and would be subject to the odd derailment lol
Buying new in now going beyond my budget and i think this is driving the used market prices up. :( :( :(
Monty

End2end

Postby End2end » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:37 pm

monty2420, you might have some luck at a train fair. The prices would definatly be more reasonable than those 2nd hand ones at £19.
Hope it helps
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Return to “Items Wanted”