The 2018 Competition - Voting is open (ends on the 8th!!)

Vote and comment on New Railway Modellers Competitions.
Lysander

Re: The 2018 Competition - Voting is open (ends on the 8th!!)

Post by Lysander »

Thanks all for your comments but, honestly, everyone was a winner here. A combination of innovative scratch-building, 3-D printing, model bashing and kit-building, not to mention the problem solving that had to go into all of the entries, made this for me not just a hugely successful competition but also one which made voting extremely difficult.

I know that we all have our own skills but I can honestly say that there was stuff entered that I could never have achieved myself. All good for the hobby!

Best wishes all

Tony
Men with false teeth may yet speak the truth.......
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

:D :D Could have been your Terry Wogan moment there Alex :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8O1L2UINOI for those who don't know what I am talking about :o

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Alex3410

Post by Alex3410 »

:lol: yes, luckily it didn't change the overall results :lol:
roganty

Post by roganty »

alex3410 wrote:Anyway the votes have all be tallied, its been a fantastic competition and i have really enjoyed following all of the project, a big well done for everyone taking part!

[...]
7th (3 points) [*]roganty A Picture Frame Shunting Layout Starting Post - Ending post

In total we had 17 people voting.

Once again a huge well done to everyone who took part & to those who voted
Dead last, but at least it's not "nul points" :D

To echo everyone else: Thank you Alex for organising the competition, and well done to Lysander and everyone else who took part.

Anthony
Main Layout: Planning | The Build

Erikslund - a small shunting layout
Lancastrian

Post by Lancastrian »

roganty wrote:Dead last, but at least it's not "nul points" :D Anthony

No you certainly didn't Anthony, the only ones that did are us members that didn't take part, so you can feel pleased that you did better than all of us. :D
My Web Site Links: FGO & Boats and Canals (Forum)
TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

Don't worry roganty, I didn't even get a place last year! I had to pronounce myself as "also ran" :o

You could win next year's! :P
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Take heart roganty. For most of us these competitions give us the impetus to get off our rusty dusties and do the project that has been sitting ‘on the shelf’ waiting be made.

Last year I did not receive a point, but the bridge I built is my pride and joy. As TimberSurf says you may be the winner next year.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

The results surprized me a little. It wasn't my result that surprised me. It is all the fun of having votes as no one knows which way things will pan out. I must say that I have had a difficult decision picking three. I ended up with four and then had to reduce it to three and then put them in order, so it took some thought.
roganty

Post by roganty »

Lancastrian wrote:No you certainly didn't Anthony, the only ones that did are us members that didn't take part, so you can feel pleased that you did better than all of us. : D
TimberSurf wrote:Don't worry roganty, I didn't even get a place last year! I had to pronounce myself as "also ran" : o
glencairn wrote:Take heart roganty. For most of us these competitions give us the impetus to get off our rusty dusties and do the project that has been sitting ‘on the shelf’ waiting be made.
Thanks for the gee-up guys.
But maybe my subtle humour was lost, I'm not concerned that I came last, in fact one extra point and I would have been joint last :? :lol:

TimberSurf, glencairn, 'nul points' was a little poke at scoring some points :wink: :lol:

glencairn, if it wasn't for this competition I doubt my project would have even reached this stage. Maybe I can enter it for next years competition and finish it :lol:

Anthony
P.S I didn't realise there was a limit for smilies
Main Layout: Planning | The Build

Erikslund - a small shunting layout
Atso

Post by Atso »

I've just caught up with the results. Congratulations to Tony (Lysander) for winning with those wonderful coaches and to everyone else who took part - I found it very difficult to decide who I wanted to vote for as everything was just so good!
Steve
PinkNosedPenguin

Post by PinkNosedPenguin »

I've just caught up too - congratulations to everyone who took part - we're all winners :D. But a special thanks to all who voted for me :lol:

P.S. I'm currently across the Atlantic visiting family and managed to get a few photos of a real Porter the other day - will post on my comp thread once back home...
Atso

Post by Atso »

So, when is the next competition??? ;)
Steve