New from Heljan.

Discuss Heljan Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
Bushey Troughs

Re: New from Heljan.

Postby Bushey Troughs » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:57 am

Matt, it would indeed be about your Metropolitan coach.
COLIN.
“What experience and history teaches us is that people and governments have never learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it”

mattmay05

Postby mattmay05 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Ahh apologies sorry my brain was out perminently to lunch yesterday.

Coaches I have to say good things, January should see a second prototype all 3rd, printed, its taken a while to understand the issue and make a decision on a direction to go, we now have this and modifications are taking place to accommodate the change in materials, which also reduces the cost by half.

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:02 am

1366 pannier seems a very odd choice. Only 6 of them made kind of seriously limits the production possibilities. Surely in the whole plethora of 0-6-0T there must be a much, much more worthy cause!

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:26 am

Heljan are 'in bed' with a major UK retailer, so I believe they are getting advice on prototype subjects likely to sell well. But given the plethora of panniers available - and they all look alike - I would have thought classes in the 100s with much wider distribution would have been a better bet...

Pennine MC

Postby Pennine MC » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:24 am

Well, the 1366 undeniably has the 'cute' factor, and whilst appreciating Bigmet's TIC comment about similarity, it does have outside cylinders. I also expect they could use the running gear to do the 1361 saddle tank from which the design originated.

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:38 pm

The 25XX shunter is a good choice, unlike some of the early BR shunters they could be found on every region except the Western, I might be tempted to buy one, as a couple of the locos featured were allocated to Celtral Scotlandand I am a bit short of diesel shunters.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

amsie

Postby amsie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Seems that the RTR manufacturers are staying away from EMU's/DMU's :(

Truffy

Postby Truffy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:37 am

Bushey Troughs wrote:Hattons, message new releases from >>>Heljan<<<

I'm up for one of these Metropolitan Railway electric Bo-Bo locomotive.

I could be up for one of those too. But I can't find it on Hattons' site.

Bushey Troughs

Postby Bushey Troughs » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Truffy wrote:I could be up for one of those too. But I can't find it on Hattons' site.

Truffy, I deleted the Hattons' email, and I can't find anything about it on Hattons' site. I think it's in the Heljan development stage. I've emailed Hattons' about said Bo-Bo, I'll post their reply when I receive it.
COLIN.
“What experience and history teaches us is that people and governments have never learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it”

Bushey Troughs

Postby Bushey Troughs » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:57 am

New 1366 Class Pannier tank and Metropolitan Bo-Bo electrics announced
Plus New Tangos and Hunslets Announced

Danish manufacturer Heljan have this week announced plans for new OO gauge releases of the GWR/BR 1366 Class 0-6-0 pannier tank steam locomotive and Metropolitan Railway/LT Bo-Bo electrics. The 1366 Class Pannier tank locomotive was one of only two pannier designs built by the GWR that utilised outside cylinders. In total 6 engines were build from 1934, being taken over by British Railways Western Region in 1948 and seeing active service until the 1960s. No.1369 is today preserved at the South Devon Railway.

The Metropolitan Railway electric locomotives of the early 20th century were used on the London Metropolitan Railway for conventional carriage stock. The first versions of the Bo-Bo electrics with central cabs entered service in 1906, later being modified with a box design and having a driving position at both ends. The Metropolitan Bo-Bo electrics were eventually replaced by more powerful units in the early 1920s, but one, No.12 "Sarah Siddons" is preserved at the London Transport Museum.

More details of these models and a further announcement are due to by made by Heljan at the Warley Show next week. As soon as we have any further information we will update our system and let you know.

In addition to these new announcements, Heljan have also announced new versions of the Class 02 Tango steam locomotive and Class 05 Hunslet diesel shunter that were originally announced back in June. Thirteen versions in total of the 2-8-0 ex-GNR/LNER Gresley-designed Tango freight locos have been proposed by Heljan, together with ten versions of the 0-4-0 Hunslet diesel shunters. Propsed liveries and running numbers are listed below and current delivery estimates are for late 2014-early 2015.

You can place a pre-order for any of the items below, and no money will be charged to your account until the item comes into stock. Pre-orders can be placed online or by giving us a call on 0151 733 3655. If any liveries or running numbers are amended we will contact you with the option to amend or cancel your orders.
COLIN.

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Bushey Troughs wrote:but one, No.12 "Sarah Siddons" is preserved at the London Transport Museum

There are actually two preserved. No. 5 "John Hampden" is preserved as a static exhibit at the LT museum in Covent Garden
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:20 pm

I'm definitely pre-ordering a 1366 once the pre-orders are up, I might just skip my 2014 pre-order plan of obtaining a Bachmann-released 64xx and auto trailers to save up to obtain a 1366, mainly No. 1369 as I'm pretty sure that Heljan is more than likely releasing all 6 of them.

jackshepherd

Postby jackshepherd » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:50 pm

sir hayden wrote:I'm definitely pre-ordering a 1366 once the pre-orders are up

same here, im looking forward to the gwr coloured one. lets hope its not too pricey. does anyone know when the pre ordering comes up in hattons
Modelling a railway is a form of art, which means there's no such thing as perfection....

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:58 pm

Since it's a 2015 release it's more than likely gonna be later in the year.

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:09 am

jackshepherd wrote:I'm looking forward to the gwr coloured one. lets hope its not too pricey...

Brace yourself for something over the £100 mark at retail. That was the price Hattons showed for the class 05 when I last looked, and steam models are typically more expensive to make than diesels: fiddlier chassis design and assembly, more exterior detailing to apply.

Return to “Heljan”