Heljan Class 14 today, the 2018 bach.

Discuss Heljan Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
gppsoftware

Re: Heljan Class 14 today, the 2018 bach.

Postby gppsoftware » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:59 am

An update: Heljan tell me that I have to wait for the new run of class 14's in early 2022 to be able to get a replacement gear as this is when new gears will be made.

None of the regular suppliers of spares, including those authorised past and present have any of the gear I need.

Meantime, the loco sits dismantled in a tray...

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:46 am

And another 'meantime'.

This may be no indicator whatsoever, but in the latest episode of Hornby's 'televisual treat' series currently showing in the UK, a class 14 was getting the attention of the sound recording team. As we all know well, teams go out and measure all sorts of railway items with the data 'banked' against the future, and this may well by now also apply to taking sound recordings when locos are available to run, and accessible for the recording crew.

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:20 pm

gppsoftware wrote:An update: Heljan tell me that I have to wait for the new run of class 14's in early 2022 to be able to get a replacement gear as this is when new gears will be made.

None of the regular suppliers of spares, including those authorised past and present have any of the gear I need.

Meantime, the loco sits dismantled in a tray...

If you can measure the overall diameter,number of teeth, plus the diameter of the hole, I'm sure you can buy a bag of them from china for next to nothing. I tried replacing all the gears in the drive train of Lima locos to alter the gearing to make them work better with CD motors, and I could buy all the sizes I wanted. These gears look like they are probably sourced by Heljan from the same sort of sources that these suppliers get them from.

Return to “Heljan”