Friends of Wilmcote Station

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
Bufferstop

Friends of Wilmcote Station

Post by Bufferstop »

As part of West Midlands Railway "Friends of the station" scheme Wilmcote station is now graced by four newly made GWR style "running-in" boards, to replace those which mysteriously disappeared at one of the franchise changes. They are the same format but scaled down slightly to fit on four pairs of tubular posts which have stood vacant for some time. A local nursery has supplied planters and bedding plants and WMT has repainted the fixtures and fittings on the platforms, including the footbridge stairways, but not the bridge span as that's Network Rails bit. A large amount of brambles and weeds have been removed from the banks and half a dozen sacks of discarded drinks bottles and cans, and all sorts of discarded junk which had been jettisoned from the footbridge have been taken to the recycling store at Stratford Station. We are now nagging NR to repaint the middle of the bridge at the first opportunity.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions