when will she return???

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
rejrob

when will she return???

Postby rejrob » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi to all with a happy new year to everyone(Despite the bXXXXX)weather.I have tried various websites without any success so can anyone tell met the current state of my favourite loco ever,34067 Tangmere(73A) This was the first loco I ever cabbed, from Victoria back to Stewarts Lane curtesy of the driver, many,many years ago when there were signals class 47,s upwards were not even thought of and I still rode my old Hercules straight handle barred bike all over london and kent spotting??I believe it is supposed to be back this year, hopefully I have enough years left.I hope someone can update me please.All the best Ron

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Re: when will she return???

Postby flying scotsman123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:29 pm

Still in pieces at Carnforth as far as I know, and Carnforth being what it is I doubt we'll know anything more until she's spotted on a test run.
Last edited by flying scotsman123 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"listen carefully, i shall say this only once"

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:29 pm

There's something special about that loco. :)
Last edited by Mountain on Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sishades

Postby sishades » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:09 pm

errr...ok. Maybe you should seek some kind of therapy or assistance from the medical community as you seem to be rather distressed.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:52 pm

No. I'm fine. :)

rejrob

Postby rejrob » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:06 am

Thanks for the info on the old girl,I just wonder if its worth while contacting where she is and enquiring.It surely will not be left in a corner to rust away

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Postby flying scotsman123 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:27 am

rejrob wrote:Thanks for the info on the old girl,I just wonder if its worth while contacting where she is and enquiring.It surely will not be left in a corner to rust away

It certainly won't be being forgotten about, but if you can get any information out of Carnforth then good luck to you, they're notorious for keeping schtum on these matters until the loco's actually out and about, which is entirely their prerogative of course, being a completely commercial company.
"listen carefully, i shall say this only once"

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:05 pm

flying scotsman123 wrote:It certainly won't be being forgotten about, but if you can get any information out of Carnforth then good luck to you, they're notorious for keeping schtum on these matters until the loco's actually out and about, which is entirely their prerogative of course, being a completely commercial company.

Thanks to the solid rear wall of the Furness Line platform and the extensive sidings alongside the main line it's nigh on impossible to get a peep at what might be going on in Carnforth Sheds. Maybe one or two of their neighbours on the other side may have a better view but their gardens are too long to see anything from the streets.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:30 pm

Last information was that the main line certificate expired in 2018 but the boiler certificate was valid until 2021, the reason for withdrawal in 2016 was problems with the firebox. I would imagine that the firebox issues must be quite serious to sideline a locomotive that has a valid boiler certificate. Tangmere was the loco that was involved with the infamous SPAD at Wooton Basset in 2015, wonder if it was just coincidence that its withdrawal from service was at the same time as the report was published, given the issues that West Coast Railways encountered as a result of that SPAN, perhaps Tangmere is considered a "black sheep"

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:40 pm

Given the criticism that West Coast trains received it was probably more politic to leave Tangmere out of action until it can return to steam with firebox and boiler both fit for use.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Return to “Real World Railways”