Who moves what modern wagons?

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
triuph1050

Who moves what modern wagons?

Postby triuph1050 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi people
So what are the companies that haul what modern company wagons? What I'm after is do they mix and match each others wagons. i.e.
Freightliner pulling Freightliner stock I have also seen behind DB Schenker but maybe not by EWS. You see what I'm asking? Who moves what? On my modern era based layout I want to keep it right as I have EWS, DB Schenker, GBRf, Freightline and Eturophoenix locos, with same company stock and including Network Rail (not Eturophoenix). Yes theres more companies but I don't have them
Cheers
Peter

dan8400

Re: Who moves what modern wagons?

Postby dan8400 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:19 pm

What i like to do is go on youtube and search for things like 'uk rail freight'.

You then you will get a lot of up to date 'trainspotter' videos.

I find these interesting to watch anyway, but can also be a good reference to what you are asking.

An example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfhPSAqbRUg

Thanks
Dan
My Layout Thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30117

triuph1050

Re: Who moves what modern wagons?

Postby triuph1050 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:45 pm

Yes thanks Dan thats what I do, yet to find an EWS with anything Freightliner so won't be doing that too. They all pull containers however but I only have a small layout so don't have the room for a decent length container train.

Return to “Real World Railways”