Waverley Station, Edinburgh

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
BobDM

Waverley Station, Edinburgh

Postby BobDM » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:48 pm

Just as a matter of interest was Haymarket the MPD for Waverley before 1968 or were there others? :?

luckymucklebackit

Re: Waverley Station, Edinburgh

Postby luckymucklebackit » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:59 pm

BobDM wrote:Just as a matter of interest was Haymarket the MPD for Waverley before 1968 or were there others? :?

Haymarket (64B) was originally the depot for the express locos, there was also St Margaret's Depot (64A) to the East, it was closed in 1967. Originally the home of the freight and secondary working locomotives but towards the end of steam more of the express locos could be found their as Haymarket transitioned to a Diesel Depot.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:03 pm

This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?

BobDM

Postby BobDM » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:23 pm

Cheers Jim. I was a bit confused by Princes Street.

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Princes Street had it's own depot which was at Dalry Road (Caledonian/LMS) https://www.railscot.co.uk/locations/D/Dalry_Road/ it was much smaller than the two LNER depots but was known to host Duchess and Princesses which would work up from Carstairs.

Jim

Return to “Real World Railways”