New miniature railway in Cornwall being planned

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
End2end

New miniature railway in Cornwall being planned

Postby End2end » Mon May 14, 2018 1:28 am

I fell upon this today.
A proposal to build a new miniature railway tourist attraction at Mawgan Porth on the Cornish coast North of Newquay.
https://cornwallrailway.co.uk/
"Passengers will enter the themed indoor station to board the waiting train. With a blow of the whistle and you will be off on a half mile journey, past a nature pond into a deep cutting, with views looking towards the coast, the engine now working hard as the line starts to climb up on to a high embankment looking out over the site with views inland to the countryside. Before arriving back at the station the line will pass over a bridge carrying it over the deep cutting you previously went through earlier."

The plans have been submitted already.

Also planned is a 00 scale layout - https://cornwallrailway.co.uk/model-railway
"Features of the display will be depots for steam and diesel, along with goods yards. A night time display will have various building and signals lit as well as some of the rolling stock to make it a fully immersive experience. And of course what layout will be complete without a grand mainline station.
Rather than focus on making a layout full of extra detail with only a few trains, ours will be the reverse. We will model small town and country scenes and have lots of track and trains!"

Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Mountain

Re: New miniature railway in Cornwall being planned

Postby Mountain » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Is good. Cornwall are very forward thinkers in this way.
See below ↓

End2end

Re: New miniature railway in Cornwall being planned

Postby End2end » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:59 pm

I might see if I can poke around to see where they are upto when I go to Cornwall in August. :)
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Return to “Real World Railways”