The empty railways of America

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
luckymucklebackit

The empty railways of America

Post by luckymucklebackit »

There may be some inspiration for those aspiring to a US based layout in these photographs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-40341771

And on the guy's website

http://john-sanderson.com/galleries/railroadlandscape/

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Ironduke

Re: The empty railways of America

Post by Ironduke »

Nice find, Jim. They seem to love their trains so much over there and there's always plenty of material to work from. You can find an example of pretty much anything.
Regards
Rob
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Recently went on a bit of a caravan holiday, traveled parallel to the east/ west railway here in Oz, never saw a train !!!

manna

PS, 200 km, and no train.
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs
senorsenales

Post by senorsenales »

Had a fortnight in Florida recently and went down to Plant City where they had erected a viewing platform to watch the 'railroad action' in safety. It is a flat crossing so quite interesting.

Unfortunately the 'action' is about twelve trains a day, one of which was a passenger train running three hours late!

I didn't know this of course, got there about 1030 just as the heavens opened, got pretty damp in the next hour on the off chance of something coming along, which two did, and nothing else on the horizon.

Nice little museum just opposite which is free, and has a mimic diagram of the tracks in the area, coupled in to the despatchers messages so you can follow what is happening, not much in this case.