British Gypsum

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
hiffano

British Gypsum

Postby hiffano » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:17 pm

ok chaps, as part of my layout, set in 1997 or so, I needed an industry to support my fictional town on the woodhead line. I've been advised to look at Gypsum, I can put a processing plant on the layout, with a single track line heading off to the quarry.
so i'm looking at you guys to offer me some more help. what wagons would be used from quarry to plant (looks like uncovered hoppers for the most part), and then what would processed material be transported out in.
I'm thinking of putting my green 14 to use as a British Gypsum owned loco running the quarry line.
any thoughts, ideas, info etc much appreciated.
my mainline loco's available will be 86's, 60, 58 and a 56 to start with. They will also of course be running passing freight. ..

thanks for any comments, info, links etc
Whoo, new job... big pay cut... but new job! yay

luckymucklebackit

Re: British Gypsum

Postby luckymucklebackit » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:57 pm

Going into Flickr and typing in "Gypsum" https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=Gypsumbrings up a number of photographs of the workings down the years. The current traffic would appear to be containerised, but in the past open and sheeted hoppers of various description have been used.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

Return to “Real World Railways”