How to know when the specials are going through

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
NEvans

How to know when the specials are going through

Postby NEvans » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Moved into a new office looking down onto Egham Station, so far had four specials go through, heard them, maybe some smoke and seeing some nice pullmans going through.

Is there an sites which say what trains are running that day, their routes and times?

I understand you could look at each of the companies websites saying what their running, but that would be very vague in times, and a bit about exact routes.

Thanks
First foray into N Gauge: SimpleTown 4'x2'

ollieollieollie

Re: How to know when the specials are going through

Postby ollieollieollie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:35 pm

www.uksteam.info

Has Times for most tours & light loco movements too. Or get to know a friendly network rail signaller who will be able to update you on late/early running, late planned moves etc.

Ollie

TK421

Postby TK421 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:41 pm

You say that but in the last week I signaled tornado, clan line, tangmere and the vsoe and had no idea any of them were running until the day :lol:

The weblink is good one and steam magazine usually has dates printed in the back aswell. I'm sure there is also another site which gives info on light loco/empty stock movements too but not sure what is.
Commander tear this ship apart until you have found them track plans!

ollieollieollie

Postby ollieollieollie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:50 pm

[quote="TK421"]You say that but in the last week I signaled tornado, clan line, tangmere and the vsoe and had no idea any of them were running until the day :lol:

First thing I do when I sign on is refresh trust to see whats around & to be honest if there is a special we tend to know about it in advance anyhow - the railway is full of enthusiasts!

TK421

Postby TK421 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:00 pm

If the paperwork comes through on time then there's a better chance of remembering the camera. Usually with trust the head code is in but there's no ruddy stock diagram! Which has resulted in the occasional special being stopped due to it setting of the H.A.B.D and the signaller not knowing it's a steam engine :roll:
Commander tear this ship apart until you have found them track plans!

Return to “Real World Railways”