Weird Stuff On The railways. What Have You Seen?

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
TK421

Re: Weird Stuff On The railways. What Have You Seen?

Postby TK421 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:06 pm

No there's a few 56's still around that sounds like the third DCR 56 to be seen in the area I've seen the a grey livery pass by Didcot signaling centre and have signalled one myself through Swindon. I was told what they're doing round here but have completely forgot now :lol:
Commander tear this ship apart until you have found them track plans!

cmeonthemove

Postby cmeonthemove » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:51 pm

Quite the opposite fortunately. Colas & DCR are reviving several 56s. Colas are looking at putting them onto the Chirk timbers permanently and they're regularly seen on the Boston steel.

tornado64

Postby tornado64 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Adi.p wrote:Saw the Battle of Britain memorial flight class 91. Has a spitfire and hurricane on the side visible and my fave, thelancaster bomber on the other side. Nice to see this other than your run of the mill class 91. .

what is the historical inacuracy though ????

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Monday lunchtime Beattie well tank doing 56mph up the M42. Alright, yes it was on the back of a low loader.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

TK421

Postby TK421 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Bufferstop wrote:Monday lunchtime Beattie well tank doing 56mph up the M42. Alright, yes it was on the back of a low loader.

Sorry doesn't count the aim of the game is what you've seen on the railway :wink: :lol:

I bet she's never gone so fast before.

markh

Postby markh » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:29 pm

cmeonthemove wrote:Quite the opposite fortunately. Colas & DCR are reviving several 56s. Colas are looking at putting them onto the Chirk timbers permanently and they're regularly seen on the Boston steel.

seen two pass through carlisle on seperate occsaions they dont have liven the platforms up in the morings powering south belching white smoke out as they open the throttle :shock: :o :o but have yet to get a proper video of them but i will one day

on the subject of colas timber i saw a colas 66 power up then down then power up then down while still moving forward befor stopping then finnaly powering up & levaing :? :? carlsile

mk
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

BUT IM ALL ABOUT BAD IDEAS

cmeonthemove

Postby cmeonthemove » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:47 pm

A crappy video-grab, but Intercity 37518 hauling 70000 Britannia & Black 5 45407 with accompanying support coaches.

(Video)

On the subject of 56s - 56105 is the next to be outshopped in Colas livery - currently undergoing repairs but should be on a test run later this week.

markh

Postby markh » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:42 am

on the subject of grids heres one of the two 56s ive seen carlisle
SP_A2533.jpg
SP_A2533.jpg (54.65 KiB) Viewed 1938 times

mk
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

b308

Postby b308 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:59 pm

cmeonthemove wrote:A crappy video-grab, but Intercity 37518 hauling 70000 Britannia & Black 5 45407 with accompanying support coaches.

Sure its not being pushed by them?! :wink:

Tiddles

Postby Tiddles » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Sew today (13/03/10 @ 2PM) a maroon Class 37 and a Class 47 top and tailing (37 leading) a couple of large yellow wagons near Eynsford Kent.
Was to fare away (plus I was driving) to see what the waggons where but they looked to be caring large machinery or maybe they were track monstrance equipment.
The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, “Linking 13 Great States With The Nation.”

tornado64

Postby tornado64 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:10 pm

tornado64 wrote:
Adi.p wrote:Saw the Battle of Britain memorial flight class 91. Has a spitfire and hurricane on the side visible and my fave, thelancaster bomber on the other side. Nice to see this other than your run of the mill class 91. .

nobody ???? ok the lancaster bomber was produced too late in the war to be a battle of britain aircraft early bombers would have been hampdens or avro manchesters etc the manchester being the aircraft the lancaster was develloped from

TK421

Postby TK421 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Dam I should have said could of won a prize I thought it was the case of age :lol:

Bushey Troughs

Postby Bushey Troughs » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:13 pm

tornado64 wrote:nobody ???? ok the lancaster bomber was produced too late in the war to be a battle of britain aircraft early bombers would have been hampdens or avro manchesters etc the manchester being the aircraft the lancaster was develloped from

I think you mean the Wellington, the Manchester was introduced in November 1940, two months after the BoB. >>>AVRO MANCHESTER.<<< If the Rolls Royce, 1,750 hp Vulture engine had been reliable, it would have been a handy bomber.
Might be an idea to address aircraft bits in 'Off Topic' just a thought.

Back on subject in 1956 I saw a train load of war-flats (I didn't know they were called that at the time) with lots of 25 pounders and limbers on. They were heading south along the Harlesden cutting. My Dad told me they were going to Suez, I was seven at the time. Ahh yes I remember it well, also saw three White half-tracks left on the embankment across from Queens Park Station, at about the same time. Never did find out what they were doing there.
COLIN.
“What experience and history teaches us is that people and governments have never learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it”

TheStationMaster

Postby TheStationMaster » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:40 pm

I don't know much about trains but saw an interesting sight on the Edinburgh-Glasgow (via Shotts/Carstairs) line in December last year.

I think it was a 57 pulling 'Statesman Rail' Pullman coaches.

We also had a couple of steam trains passing by recently, but my knowledge is so bad I don't know what they were. Think one was a 4-4-2 configuration in a dark green, but I saw them last minute passing at speed.

If anyone knows more, please feel free to correct my post!

Callum

markh

Postby markh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:17 pm

tornado64 wrote:
tornado64 wrote:

nobody ???? ok the lancaster bomber was produced too late in the war to be a battle of britain aircraft early bombers would have been hampdens or avro manchesters etc the manchester being the aircraft the lancaster was develloped from

nerd time :lol: the avro manchester was basicly a 2 engine version of the lancaster but i think the reasion for the lancaster being in the b-o-b m flight is that it carried out some daring raids operation chastie ( dam raid ) carried the grand slam & tall boy & basicly as such a beutiful aircarft that its thought to be part of the memorial fight

mk
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

Return to “Real World Railways”