Sir Edward Elgar to be scrapped and Ajax Rebuilt.

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
kennyGWSR

Re: Sir Edward Elgar to be scrapped and Ajax Rebuilt.

Postby kennyGWSR » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:38 pm

this has to be one of the worst april fools ever ian, the title is so unbelievable!! :roll: the whole address was rubbish too! nice try, but you get a zero out of ten!
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:10 am

kennyGWSR wrote:this has to be one of the worst april fools ever ian, the title is so unbelievable!! :roll: the whole address was rubbish too! nice try, but you get a zero out of ten!

Hi Kenny sorry you do not approve, yes may be you are right but the address i was very pleased with
Colin Wood Collingwood get it :roll: :lol:
I will have to think of something better next time, i supouse it was more wishful thinkingthan a joke, but hey it got Zunnan excited so can't have been too bad.
Re 50's not been succesful they were after refurbishment 1983-1986, but when maintenace is reduced and less money spent any class can not survive for long. :roll:
The trouble with 50's is when they failed they usualy required major surgery power unit, been lifted out or bogies for access to traction motors all of which very expensive and as only 50 built the costs considered too great.
Yes expensive and difficult to maintain, but when every thing on song and going well something magical and mystique about them and no other diesel comes close. :D
Anyway apologies if people found this offensive, but after all it was ONLY A JOKE, apparently not a good one but a joke just the same.
The world would be a better place if people lightened up stop taking themselves seriously and had a laugh. :lol:
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

spongie

Postby spongie » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:39 am

i phoned our paint rep from work today looking for yellow paint for a submarine...

he fell for it

b308

Postby b308 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:54 am

D0260 wrote:Just spoke to the owner(s) of 50007 and they are not all happy with initial post - april 1st or not.....

Keep your head down OP....

Not wishing to state the obvious...

But it wasn't published on April 1st...

First rule of April Fools Day jokes... They must be published on April 1st...

Nice try though AR! :mrgreen:

kieranhardy

Postby kieranhardy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:29 pm

b308 wrote:

First rule of April Fools Day jokes... They must be published on April 1st...:

In his defence it was posted on april 1st, have you set the forum time for when the clocks went forward?

I originally hadn't had it set which made his post look to be posted 31st March 23:32.

Jim S-W

Postby Jim S-W » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:22 pm

Not April the first but a work experience one we used to do all the time was to get them to go to the post office for an artistic licence application. The post office was only over the road so we got the full reaction. It got to the point where bob, the post office manager would play along and tell them he hadn't got any and they would need to go to solihull to get one!

Another one we used was that the photocopier was broken and could they phone the supplier for a new cartridge of white toner!

Cheers

Jim
Last edited by Jim S-W on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

b308

Postby b308 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:06 am

kieranhardy wrote:
b308 wrote:

First rule of April Fools Day jokes... They must be published on April 1st...:

In his defence it was posted on april 1st, have you set the forum time for when the clocks went forward?

I originally hadn't had it set which made his post look to be posted 31st March 23:32.

Just thought I'd post this and see if it tallies with the time on my computer...

And you are right... take it all back, AR... Why on earth doesn't the thing reset like every other computerised clock i have...! :mrgreen:

b308

Postby b308 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:10 am

Sorted... :wink:

Return to “Real World Railways”