Sir Edward Elgar to be scrapped and Ajax Rebuilt.

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
50035 Ark Royal

Sir Edward Elgar to be scrapped and Ajax Rebuilt.

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:32 am

Hi Kenny sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but heard yesterday that the green one is to be scrapped(well cabs anyway) theese will be replaced by the cabs of 50046 Ajax and this loco will replace 50007.
Apparently it is in the shed with the cabs cut so Sir Edward Elgar R.I.P and Ajax reserected.
I for one am very pleased to hear 46 will run again and the end of snotvac forever. :D
Can't wait to see it and this has come about after a lottery winner approached Paul Hill with an offer he could not refuse that secured the future of Aureol forever.He snapped up the two cabs and is rebuilding 46.
He is now setting up the Ajax Society which other members can join.I have joined already but the address to write to is
Collin Wood
35 Warspite Close
Swindon
SWX 4BP
So long live Ajax and goodbye Sir Edward Elgar.
Kenny do not despair i believe the plates are going to be put on some kettle. :lol:
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

kieranhardy

Re: Sir Edward Elgar to be scrapped and Ajax Rebuilt.

Postby kieranhardy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:44 am

Aren't april fools supposed to be at least half believable...? 8)

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:39 am

kieranhardy wrote:Aren't april fools supposed to be at least half believable...? 8)

And what would you know i thought you only liked things with big wheels, piston thingeys and a funnel that all make the same sound yawn :lol: :roll:

SRman

Postby SRman » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:44 am

Well, I believed it!

Holds crossed fingers behind back ...

kieranhardy

Postby kieranhardy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:31 pm

50035 Ark Royal wrote:
kieranhardy wrote:Aren't april fools supposed to be at least half believable...? 8)

And what would you know i thought you only liked things with big wheels, piston thingeys and a funnel that all make the same sound yawn :lol: :roll:

Because the story is unbelievable.

And don't start offending my interest, you seem to enjoy winding people up and alienating yourself.

It's thanks to those steam locos you have your diesels. Oh yeah, ships have funnels, steam locomotives do not, and if you really think they all sound the same then you need to get out more.

So before you insult my interest, how about getting the facts right? 8)

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:00 pm

kieranhardy wrote:
50035 Ark Royal wrote:

Because the story is unbelievable.

And don't start offending my interest, you seem to enjoy winding people up and alienating yourself.

It's thanks to those steam locos you have your diesels. Oh yeah, ships have funnels, steam locomotives do not, and if you really think they all sound the same then you need to get out more.

So before you insult my interest, how about getting the facts right? 8)

My god somebody got out of the bed the wrong side this morning. :shock: :lol:
Obviously yes it was a joke and i thought a good one.
As regards insulting your interest no i am not each to thier own and i am not winding you up.
The biggest give away was the address Colin Wood?? Collingwood. :lol:
You like ketlles as does a lot on here, i can not see the appeal give me a diesel or an electric anyday.
And as regards the same sound they do to me :? i can not tell the difference and do not realy want to find out.
No offence but they do not interest me one little bit. :lol:

Zunnan

Postby Zunnan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Its a shame theres no truth in that...just without the resurrecting Ajax part. Bogies donated to keep a class 37 on the rails, engine parts to a class 40. Give me a successful EE anyday! :wink: :lol:

D0260

Postby D0260 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:19 pm

Just spoke to the owner(s) of 50007 and they are not all happy with initial post - april 1st or not.....

Keep your head down OP....

fratton

Postby fratton » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:56 pm

lighten up guys, i rang my employees to inform them that our work premises had burnt down at 2 minutes past midnight last night and that for the time being it looked like they could be layed off as no longer needed,

took until till 5am for the first haha very funny text came through,

looks like even the 1 of april is being sucked dry by the lack of humour in the world,,,

kieranhardy

Postby kieranhardy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:25 pm

fratton wrote:looks like even the 1 of april is being sucked dry by the lack of humour in the world,,,

Because all the april fools these days just aren't funny. None of this years ones were good.

It was better when real stunts were done like 3440 'City of Truro' being painted black on one side, or an unrebuilt bulleids name and numbers being put on a rebuilt one.

Postby 44007 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Managed to get my brother this morning to ring a Mr A Lion as he needed a quote for some work...... I am sure London Zoo must hate April 1st..... it's an old un but a good un.

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:36 pm

44007 wrote:Managed to get my brother this morning to ring a Mr A Lion as he needed a quote for some work...... I am sure London Zoo must hate April 1st..... it's an old un but a good un.

:lol: :lol: :lol: now that's a classic, along with getting some one to go look in the cupboard for the 'elbow grease' :lol: :lol:

D0260

Postby D0260 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:50 pm

or the 'apprentice' being sent to the stores for a 'long stand'.....

Bushey Troughs

Postby Bushey Troughs » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:00 pm

D0260 wrote:or the 'apprentice' being sent to the stores for a 'long stand'.....

Red lamp oil, Left-handed hammer/screwdriver, bucket of glass!, and my favourite a cylinder of water gas.
COLIN.
“What experience and history teaches us is that people and governments have never learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it”

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:01 pm

When i did a works experirnce as a school kid i was asked to get some elbow grease and some scotch mist :lol: luckily i realised this before i got to the shop.

Return to “Real World Railways”