Eastleigh 100

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
lozstlouis

Eastleigh 100

Postby lozstlouis » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Anyone going to this:

http://www.eastleigh100.com/

I have my ticket...
OO in the loft. Lenz 90 making it go.

davek

Re: Eastleigh 100

Postby davek » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:59 pm

There Saturday and for the night shoot, offical hi-vis b4st4rd on Sunday.

guitardave_1

Postby guitardave_1 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:52 am

Finally got around to ordering my ticket. I will be there on the Monday - only day of the three that I could easily make.

kieranhardy

Postby kieranhardy » Wed May 13, 2009 6:43 pm

Sadly i will have to give it a miss :(

Damn works on the lines make my journey times 5 hours each way. :evil:

Stumpy

Postby Stumpy » Mon May 25, 2009 11:20 am

kieranhardy wrote:Sadly i will have to give it a miss

Damn works on the lines make my journey times 5 hours each way.

Here's some piccies for those that didn't go, taken on the Sunday with my camera phone and i'm not the world's best photographer so they're not great i'm afraid! :? .

Hope this helps, :wink: , cheers.
"A nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat! Know what i mean!? Eh? Eh?"

guitardave_1

Postby guitardave_1 » Mon May 25, 2009 4:58 pm

Just got back in - absolutely exhausted after spending 8 hours wandering around the site. Fortunately the weather forecast was wrong - just a shame that the rain we did have was during the 'early bird' session that I paid twice the price for :roll: Still, can't grumble - I was fearing something of a washout.

As for the event itself, it was bloody brilliant. Everyone at Eastleigh did a fine job assembling such a great selection of locos - I counted at least 40, many in superb preserved condition. 'Clan Line' in particular was just sublime. I don't think there was a square inch that hadn't been polished! Also good to see them firing up the diesels throughout the day - 37, 52 and 55 all sounding good! More than a few photos to sift through, but I'll get them posted at some point.

lozstlouis

Postby lozstlouis » Mon May 25, 2009 6:45 pm

Went yesterday. Was good day. Fantastic sunshine 7 then ended up in the spoonies watching end of the Monaco F1.

Its a shame some of the snappers get so angry with other people looking close up at locos - which is what we have all paid to do!

davek

Postby davek » Mon May 25, 2009 9:06 pm

I had an excellent weekend there.

On Saturday I was on an 'early bird' ticket so got plenty of good shots without the crowds, browsed the trade stands, met loads of railway workers/enthusiasts.

Sunday, up early for the 7am start, helped the DRS driver with 47712 and was assigned the main loco area to patrol - in the blazing heat it wasn't that much fun, my feet ached and had blisters by the end of the day. Many happy people, a number of families on Sunday and the odd pretty young lass!

Only told off 3 people for their 'over exuberance', otherwise the masses where in good spirits and sensible. The whole weekend was testament to the efforts of Bruce Knight, Marcus Betts, 'Fuzz' Jordan, Arlington, Chris Milner and everyone at The Railway Magazine. Not forgetting all the traders, Air Cadets, St.John's Ambulance, traction engines, steam lines and other professionals who worked so hard to bring Eastleigh 100 to life. In this day and age of Health and Safety, it was a joy to see an Open Day like we remember them. Well done to everyone! Superb effort.

Thanks also to everyone who attended too.

My photo's are online (click link under signature) for anyone who wants to see, including the special night photography session arranged for a limited group of us - Thanks to The Railway Magazine for arranging this.

lozstlouis

Postby lozstlouis » Tue May 26, 2009 9:10 pm

davek wrote:The whole weekend was testament to the efforts of Bruce Knight, Marcus Betts, 'Fuzz' Jordan, Arlington, Chris Milner and everyone at The Railway Magazine. Not forgetting all the traders, Air Cadets, St.John's Ambulance, traction engines, steam lines and other professionals who worked so hard to bring Eastleigh 100 to life. In this day and age of Health and Safety, it was a joy to see an Open Day like we remember them. Well done to everyone! Superb effort.

I agree 100%

guitardave_1

Postby guitardave_1 » Thu May 28, 2009 10:39 am

My photos are also now online as promised. Visit my website if you want to take a look!

50035 Ark Royal

Postby 50035 Ark Royal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Always nice to see 35, although i wish it was in a proper livery Large Logo,ONSE, RNSE dark blue, i think and it pains me to say this that Indomitable looks much better and i never rated it 8)
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal

Curler Guy
Location: Throwing and sweeping stones out on the ice somewhere in Scotland.

Postby Curler Guy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:38 pm

Thank Gowd I wasn't in any of those pictures!!

I was at the night shoot thingimybobber on Saturday night and got the early access tickets for every day, so I was able to avoid some of the hell of having to wait for people to get out of my shot.

Oh yes and also at the end of the days, as people were leaving, I'd run about and photograph things, especially on the last day as people assumed I was with one of the groups that were at the show!! :lol: :lol:

Cheeky, but it worked!!
A bunch of sewerage farm workers from the North West were visiting Blackpool on a day trip when one of them was overcome by the fresh air and fainted.
It took 7 buckets of S**t just to bring them round again!

Return to “Real World Railways”